We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastest way to get from Daegu to ICN airport?

Shanghai, China
3 posts
Save Topic
Fastest way to get from Daegu to ICN airport?

I need to get from Daegu to ICN airport on a Sunday afternoon and wondered if the fastest way would either be:

- Dongdaegu to Seoul (KTX) and Seoul to ICN (not sure the best way to do Seoul to ICN airport)?

- Train from Daegu or Dongdaegu straight to ICN airport if this is an option?

- Is a bus service equally as quick?

Another question is, what's the best way to get from ICN to Seoul and vice versa?

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastest way to get from Daegu to ICN airport?

Absolutely I would take KTX from Dongdaegu Station to Seoul Station and then AREX train to ICN airport. Or, if you can get a ticket on a train that goes all the way to ICN at the time you need, do that.

I would advise against a bus on Sunday afternoon. You could get caught in some nasty traffic in Seoul and through Seoul depending on the bus route.There are some buses that go directly to the airport. They might avoid all of the Seoul traffic, though, and go around it to Incheon from the suburbs.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastest way to get from Daegu to ICN airport?

and from ICN to Seoul, stick to AREX train or limousine bus. Limousine bus is more comfortable, and again, can get stuck in traffic. AREX train is cheap (like 10$ cheaper) and you might not get a seat.

Shanghai, China
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastest way to get from Daegu to ICN airport?

Thanks for the info Michael. I think I'll stick to either KTX straight to ICN (if it's available for the correct time) or KTX to Seoul and AREX to ICN..

Any idea how long the AREX to ICN takes, from Seoul? Where can you purchase the AREX tickets online? I know the KTX tickets are from letskorail.com.

Thanks

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastest way to get from Daegu to ICN airport?

AREX all stop tickets are bought like regular subway at machine. Express has a separate window.

Shanghai, China
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fastest way to get from Daegu to ICN airport?

OK cool, thanks. Do you know if it's possible to buy KTX tickets at the station with a foreign card (I.e. Amex or Mastercard)? I live in Shanghai and it's pretty strict everywhere to use either cash or China Union Pay card.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fastest way to get from Daegu to ICN airport?

Yes, it will work no problem at a ticket window. The KTX ticket machines only take domestic cards. Subway tickets for AREX have to be bought with cash.

Reply to: Fastest way to get from Daegu to ICN airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted