We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seoul While Pregnant 9 Nights

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
Seoul While Pregnant 9 Nights

I will be almost 5 months pregnant going to South Korea with my husband October 18-29, 2017, and staying in Myeongdong area. Due to the fear of contracting Japanese Encephalitis on Jeju Island and Busan, we have decided to only remain in Seoul for the duration of the trip (we are not vaccinated). We are hoping to take it easy, but also see the top sights. We like coffee shops, exploring, but not very interested about parties/night life/shopping.

We don't have too much planned yet, though we know we will be going on the DMZ tour, Gyeongbokgung Palace.

Are there other suggestions? We are open to taking a train to somewhere close as long as there are no disease carrying mosquitoes there :) Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
539 reviews
1. Re: Seoul While Pregnant 9 Nights

I am in the same boat and have to give up Jeju Island and Busan for the same reason. Was there any concern regarding malaria in the DMZ?

1 post
2. Re: Seoul While Pregnant 9 Nights

First, congratulations on you and your husband on having a baby!! Yay!!

Next, you really don't need to worry about diseases. There are mosquitoes but no lethal diseases involved with mosquitoes. Plus, if you are travelling in October, I doubt you will have any problems with mosquitoes!

And as for travelling, you should check out www.koreascouter.com

They plan out perfect itineraries for international travelers coming to Korea "fitted to their needs and wants."

I used to live in America and I consulted them when my American friends were coming over and I didn't know what to show them. They do personal guides and or if you just want a personalized itinerary, they do that too. I think it will help your husband and you travel to Korea safely given that you guys have to be extra careful with the baby ;)

Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea, Seoul
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Seoul While Pregnant 9 Nights

Luckily, staying in Myeongdong means that ALL the tourist sites are right nearby easy walking/short taxi if you get tired.

For cafes and food - head over to Itaewon/Gyeongridan/Haebangchon. It's a VERY trendy place for all kinds of food. Not so much Korean food. There is a girl who runs a VERY popular blog called www.afatgirlsfoodguide.com that is very up to date and considered the source

Also for food - check out any department store basement food court. LOTS of delicious stuff. The closest one to you would be Lotte Dept Store or Shinsegae Dept Store in Myeongdong...

For other cafe and food areas and "hot places" (the Korean word) - try Ikseon-dong, Garosu-gil, and Hapjeong....Seongsu and Mangwon are also popular.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
8,157 posts
449 reviews
4. Re: Seoul While Pregnant 9 Nights

Do not miss the Korean War Memorial and museum, the fish market. How about a day trip to Suwon and take a 5 km walk on the city wall

Ronse, Belgium
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Seoul While Pregnant 9 Nights

In Seoul : Changdeokgung Palace and Huwon, Gyeongbokgung Palace, Bongeunsa Temple, Seonyudo, insadong, Namsangol Hanok Village, Namsan Park,

As day trip : Morning Calm Garden, Suwon

Reply to: Seoul While Pregnant 9 Nights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted