We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad and horrible experience in Georgia Tbilisi?

Dubai, United Arab...
12 posts
Bad and horrible experience in Georgia Tbilisi?

I just came back from georgia

I planned 10 days but i returned after 4 days as it was the worst vacation ever...

People are very rude there and specially if you look arab or middle eastern.

My husband is German and am Arab and we did see the difference in treatment i was asked in the airport a questions about my destination and i was asked to remove my glasses while my husband went through immediatly

We reached there the first day i was grabbed by sttangers on the peace bridge to take a photo by force with their animals when we refused they came hunting us and fighting with my husband we needed to call the police and i was shocked they hanged the phone on me twice coz i speak no georgian after 20 min only i got a call back then they were angry why i left the scene and didnt wait although it was raining and no one cared about the complain

We went to several resturants the highly rated ones and we noticed a rude treatment in most of them if you wana ask about the dishes and dont order immediatly

We stayed in 5 rooms hotel near the public service hall were it was not a hotel as advertised rather a guest house with no security desk at all, the owner irakli was very aggressive after we complained that there is no AC in the room and no bath tub or fridge as advertised and worst of all insects !! We said we gona leave next day he came knocking and shouting on our doors to pay for 10 days and leave if we dont like it when we refused since we stayed for 3 days only he was very angry and brought a stranger to kick us out and asked for 4 days payment and asked us to leave his hotel after 12am MID Night we left coz we were scared on our lifes that he may harm us he even was running behind us after we left which i belive he wanted to harm us but the taxify driver was waiting and we got in the car immediatly we didnt call the police as we knew they wont respond immediatly so went next day yo file a report but they said to get our money back to need to go to court and not the police then they said they dont consider his action as crime since he didnt harm us!! Apparently you need to get stabbed first and nothing is crime over there

This country is not safe at all!! We took flights next day back to dubai

There is a boycot as of now happening in UAE and the ministry of forign affairs is investigating the issues and a note has been issued by them regarding the number of residents in UAE and GCC who are being returned for no reason and the families who are getting split in the airport and returning some of their family members like the father only or the mother only with no reasons

You can check with dubai airport about the number of flights going to georgia that comes back with many passengers returned for no reason

Anyone else from dubai or Gcc faced the same?

34 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
887 posts
1. Re: Bad and horrible experience in Georgia Tbilisi?

So you are saying that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai is investigating that someone wanted to take a picture with their animals (dogs?) on the Peace Bridge? :)

You and your German husband should just calm down, as you will not achieve anything. Nobody will investigate anything, you are not the center of the universe. No one cares.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Bad and horrible experience in Georgia Tbilisi?

The UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MoFAIC) is investigating reports of alleged mistreatment of UAE citizens and residents at Georgia airports.

In a statement, the ministry said it is closely following up reports circulating on social media that a number of UAE nationals were subjected to ill-treatment at Georgia's airports, with many forced to turn back.

Ministry issues statement

"The UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, along with the UAE Embassy in Tbilisi, are seriously monitoring the issue and giving it great consideration. The ministry is following up the conditions of the UAE citizens in Georgia and is working to provide them with all the care and services they need during their presence in Georgia," the statement read.

Level Contributor
887 posts
3. Re: Bad and horrible experience in Georgia Tbilisi?

The original poster had NO problem at the airport. She obviously freely entered and exited Georgia. She is mad because someone asked her to remove her glasses. Once again: Nobody cares about that.

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
2 posts
4. Re: Bad and horrible experience in Georgia Tbilisi?

Dear FreeAdvice0

I see you are active in Georgia travel forum . This is defiantly positive to have a TripAdvisor member respond to follow traveler inquires and concerns. It is also VERY negative and distractive when such a member uses rude statements such as :

“Once again: Nobody cares about that.”

“Nobody will investigate anything, you are not the center of the universe. No one cares.”

These responses are not helping bringing more tourist to your country , for instance , your comments discouraged me from coming to Georgia next week. I would rather be were my family are respected and served well.

Level Contributor
887 posts
5. Re: Bad and horrible experience in Georgia Tbilisi?

nanabe0o0o

You sound like a school teacher. Don't talk to me in such a patronizing way. I'm not your employee. And I'm not paid to give an advice here. You don't like what I say, then don't comment.

I don't care if you change your plans or not.

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
2 posts
6. Re: Bad and horrible experience in Georgia Tbilisi?

Dear FreeAdvice0

Keep up the good work to keep tourist away from your country. You are entitled to a reward from Georgian National Tourism Administration

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
7. Re: Bad and horrible experience in Georgia Tbilisi?

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/international/e…

2 posts
8. Re: Bad and horrible experience in Georgia Tbilisi?

I am also afraid now....is this real????

Edited: 22 July 2018, 01:33
2 posts
9. Re: Bad and horrible experience in Georgia Tbilisi?

So, beside UAE everybody is welcome, or?

Bern, Switzerland
10 posts
10. Re: Bad and horrible experience in Georgia Tbilisi?

Using that there are people from Dubai and Saudi Arabia online, can you please explain me why aren´t your goverments or you not accepting people from Siria or Irak escaping from the war? They are arabs too and they didn´t have to risk their lifes trying to move to Europe. Sorry, but I don´t understand it.

Reply to: Bad and horrible experience in Georgia Tbilisi?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted