We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport Validity - UAE resident

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
Passport Validity - UAE resident

Hello!

I am planning to visit Georgia from 4th - 9th April but my passport is expiring on 4th August. Will that be fine or should i renew it before going?

BTW I am a Pakistan national and my UAE resident visa is valid till Dec 2018.

Will highly appreciate if any UAE resident Pakistani (who has recently visited Georgia) can share his immigration experience/documents requirement etc

Thanks alot in advance for any help!

14 replies to this topic
Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
683 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Passport Validity - UAE resident

The validity of your passport and UAE residence visa is just fine,

Dudley_in_Tbilisi

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
48 posts
2. Re: Passport Validity - UAE resident

I recommend not to visit georgia doesn't matter if you have UAE residency as Georgian immigration officers are stupid and arrogant they are deporting people without any reason and without even listening to them.

A lot of people had this bad experience and without any reason. It's just after seeing so many tourists they are considering them selves very important and think that people don't have other options to go.

Better to go Baku or Istanbul as those are tourist friendly countries.

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
683 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Passport Validity - UAE resident

Dear Shsk257. The query was related to the validity of a passport and a UAE residence visa. Your opinion regarding other issues has no place on this thread. If you have had such a bad experience then please let us know on a new thread what happened as to be honest we are a little concerned regarding the number (albiet small) of people that claim to arrive here with what they claim is the correct documentation but get turned away. So, please what happened to you, or are you just jumping on the "I heard" bandwagon..??

Dudley_in_Tbilisi

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
48 posts
4. Re: Passport Validity - UAE resident

Dear Dudley_in_Tbilisi

My answer was exactly in the same consents of the question asked. As the gentleman asked at the end if someone can share his recent experience visiting georgia on UAE residency.

I also appreciate your concerns towards your country but what's true is true and I am not saying this by hearing it from someone this is my personal experience.

I was deported in Feb 2018 with 5 more people coming from qatar all residents of Qatar but holding Pakistani passports. And I am not holding only qatar resident visa I have resident visa for UAE also plus 5 years multiple USA valid visa plus 10 years multiple Canadian valid visa , my passport is so strong and full of visas for so many other countries like UK and shcengen used visas that even a blind man can let me pass and even a stupid man can understand that there is nothing for a person like me in a country like georgia other than tourism but immigration officer on duty was so rude and arrogant he even did not let me speak and said "you are going back and I can't tell you the reason also"

Yes these were his exact words.

Anyways I don't have any regrets other than wasting my tkt, hotel night and most importantly my time. I have buisness and properties in qatar, UAE and Canada as well and I was planning to see some opportunity to buy in georgia as well but thanks God I am saved and aware of Georgian mentality.

No hard feelings but all what i said above is a true.

Edited: 18 March 2018, 10:42
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
192 reviews
5. Re: Passport Validity - UAE resident

as far as i know passport should have minimum 6 month and UAE visa 3 months validity, its better to get in touch with Embassy in kuwait and ask them.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Passport Validity - UAE resident

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Do i need to carry a photo also for the on arrival visa application and do i pay anything for the visa.

Thanks

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
683 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Passport Validity - UAE resident

Dear Shsk257. Firstly thank you for your polite and positive reply.

It is very concerning regarding the reports of visitors of certain nationalities being turned away from the border even though they claim all documentation is in order. I would hasten to say that there are other nationalities that get denied entry but the majority of the reporting does come from potential visitors from India. Should I be able to obtain any point of view from the authorities here, I will surely post them.

Meanwhile thanks once again for your politeness..!!

Dudley_in_Tbilisi

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
48 posts
8. Re: Passport Validity - UAE resident

Dear dudley

I don't think that you will get any reply from your authorities regarding this matter as I already send emails to Georgian embassy in Qatar and Dubai, Georgian foreign ministry and Georgian tourism ministry, but no one bothered to reply.

In my emails I explained the whole incident of my deportation and requested them to stop their visa on arrival policy for those nationals , whom they are not happy to give visa. Specially indians and pakistanies Because honestly georgian immigration officers are wasting money and time of people from these countries.

You can't imagine what could be the state of mind of that person who came somewhere in a holiday mood and got deported without reason and for the first time in his life while he had travelled around almost half the world.

I was deported after hours of wait at Tbilisi airport and on my way back to qatar in buisness class I was laughing at my situation and bad choice of destination.

Anyways as I said earlier no hard feeling towards the Georgian people it's only officials at airport who made my day😁.

Edited: 18 March 2018, 19:21
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
9. Re: Passport Validity - UAE resident

Hello All

Just to update with my experience

I am a Pakistani national with UAE resident visa and was able to enter Georgia yesterday with my family.

They took our pasports and ask to wait for approx 5 min. I was only asked for my hotel address and was allowed to proceed. I saw other Pakistani and Syrian couples and families going through (even people with with small and long beards, as there was someone claiming on TA that they were refused because of having a beard)

I was also told by many people and the airline staff that people are being returned in big numbers.

So as advised by many people its a gamble which i took and i am enjoying it.

TIP: Ensure to keep the required documents and stay calm. And dont take my post as a guarantee.😁

All the best!

Level Contributor
15 posts
10. Re: Passport Validity - UAE resident

Dear sir,

Thank you very much for your post.

As you said it is a gambling yet we do not know what are the chances of approval neither the rejection reasons. So do you have any confirmed reason to reject the request of visa on arrival for Gulf resident person?

What are the questions they asked to approve your request? Did they request bank statement and travel health insurance?

Please I need your reply to decide whether i am going to risk it or play it safe to go for another country.

Thanks again

Reply to: Passport Validity - UAE resident
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted