We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guest Houses in Bagan, Inle Lake and Manadalay

Australia
13 posts
Save Topic
Guest Houses in Bagan, Inle Lake and Manadalay

Hi,

In preparation for my trip I am looking for guest houses or small privately run hotels. I am finding it difficult to obtain contact details, especially email addresses so I can contact the owners.

I would like to contact these smaller places to make reservations.

I have Googled the names of many i have read on the forums, but cannot locate numbers or email addresses. The big hotels are easy - they have web pages and contact numbers.

How do most of you make contact prior to your arrival? Do you ring them? Or, do you book when you enter the country? Does anyone know of a directory (email or phone or both) of guesthouses/small private hotels in the areas such as Manadalay, Bagan and Inle Lake? Does such a list exist?

Thanks.

ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guest Houses in Bagan, Inle Lake and Manadalay

Hi.. I am going there myself at the end of april.. i share your frustration.. Its a bit stressful not being able to preplan the tour,,if you get any info please post it..i will do same

denmark
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guest Houses in Bagan, Inle Lake and Manadalay

When I did my travel last october/nov. I where using this guidebook

www.tools4fools.info/blueprinthome.html

A lot of guest houses don´t have a email or web. but have a phonenr. I didn´t prebook but call the the guest house from where I was staying.

If you post some of the guest houses where you want to stay- I can probaly give you either email or phonenr. feel free to pm me.

yangon
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guest Houses in Bagan, Inle Lake and Manadalay

Which guest house are you interesting in ? I will look for you the contact numbers and if possible , e-mail address for you.

Australia
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Guest Houses in Bagan, Inle Lake and Manadalay

Would anyone know the email address for the Royal City Hotel Manadalay?

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
796 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Guest Houses in Bagan, Inle Lake and Manadalay

The Blueprint guide is well worth a read, the maps are accurate & have been GPS by himself.

Whereas most of the phone numbers in there should still be ok, there's alot that's not due to the changing of area codes & added numbers, as in the case with Nyaungshwe for instance.

Most budget places don't really take booking months in advance, it's really not worth their while. Calling ahead when you get to Yangon is fine, phone calls are extremely cheap here. Most people only stay at one place for a couple of days so there's always a high turnover of people.

As the above two have said, if you need any numbers or mail addresses(where possible) just ask away.

Royal City Hotel :

Email: citymdy@mptmail.net.mm Ph: 02 31805

They may work..;-)

Gladesville...
Level Contributor
184 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guest Houses in Bagan, Inle Lake and Manadalay

hey

i just rocked up to the places in my guide book, personally i like to see where im staying.

COnsider the Mingalar Hotel in Bagan, it has the best view of any hotel, the Swezigon Pagoda is lit up right in front after dark.

7. Re: Guest Houses in Bagan, Inle Lake and Manadalay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 09:47