We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why is the Palau forum so dead

san francisco , ca.
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Why is the Palau forum so dead

Does anyone go to Palau in July? Are you able to dive the best sites during July? How bad does the wind have to be to not be able to go to the best sites like blue corner or the manta areas?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
298 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Why is the Palau forum so dead

I'm going to guess it is because the internet in Palau is pretty slow. They use satellite and so it takes a long time to even stream a movie trailer. As for the rest of the world I find that not a lot of people come to this particular message board because not a lot of people know about Palau. You'd be amazed about how many Americans I've had to explain Palau to; when I mention I just went on vacation there I have been met with confused looks or blank stares. I can't comment on your specific questions but I suggest asking Sam's Tours or Neco Dive (two dive companies) questions directly.

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
2. Re: Why is the Palau forum so dead

SonicDeathMonkey, LOL!

Scubacrazy, yes, people still go to Palau in July! It's summer vacation for the northern hemisphere! :-) The best dive sites are the best throughout the year. It's deep water, so the world under the sea is always pretty. Yes, check directly with the dive companies about how windy it has to be before they cancel. The only time we didn't go out was when there was a tsunami warning. And then we sat the beach...... Not the wisest of decisions.........But the warning was lifted and we were back in the water.

Have fun!

san francisco , ca.
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Why is the Palau forum so dead

Thanks, you two

4. Re: Why is the Palau forum so dead

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 08:48
Get answers to your questions about Koror
Recent Conversations