We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK to Palau

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
99 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
UK to Palau

Hiya

Can anyone please offer some advice on the best/quickest/cheapest way to get tp Palau from the uk.

Many thanks

Suzanne

Mentioned in this post
Palau
Palau
South Pacific
london
Level Contributor
74 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK to Palau

Hi there,

I dont think there is a cheap or a straight forward way to get to Palau from the UK but what i would do is to get to Manila( for cheap flights check airasia) first then get a flight to Palau by Delta airlines which isnt so cheap for a short flight. Some travellers prefer to get to the pasific islands via Honolulu. and aslo check this website www.pacificflier.com .reviews are not great for pacific flier and you cant book tickets online you need to contact them.

Good luck

Mentioned in this post
Palau
Palau
South Pacific
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK to Palau

Yes, it's not exactly cheap or easy to get to Palu from UK, but it is definitely worth the effort.

Etihad do a very good service via Abu Dhabi to Manila, (you will have to change somewhere as I don't think there are any direct flights from uk)

Continental also fly from Manila to Koror, Palau, but again not exactly cheap.

I think via Manila is probably the best route, it's a very long way round via Hawaii, but you may well have to overnight there, one way, if not both. If you are making this trip you need to go for 2 weeks minimum.

You could also spend a week in Yap maybe as well as some time in Palau, the Continental stops at both.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Koror
Koror
Koror Island, Palau
Palau
Palau
South Pacific
Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
99 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK to Palau

Thank you Wanderer and Pelen. Your guidance is very much appreciated. Just returned this am from manila with Etihad, very impressed.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UK to Palau

Avoid using pacific flier. They are broke.

5. Re: UK to Palau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 16:46
Get answers to your questions about Koror
Recent Conversations