We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forgot my BP meds

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Forgot my BP meds

Like an idiot, I left my BP meds at home. Any advice on how I might get two week’s supply? I am in Bogota today and go to Cartagena tomorrow.

2 replies to this topic
Cali, Colombia
Level Contributor
588 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forgot my BP meds

No problem... Just go to the nearest big and active Pharmacy. If they have the medicine you normally take they will sell it to you.

If they do not have that exact medciine, hopefully tney can figure out something close to what you nomally take and sell that to you.

I would go to a big Pharmacy, like "CAFAM" in the "EXITO" and "CARULLA" stores or to a Drogas La Rebaja.

The people who work in Pharmacies here are usually very knowledgeable.

Normally, you do not require a written prescription to buy prescription medicines here, although there are exceptions to that.

The "worst" case would be to ask which Private Hospital near to where you are is the best private hospital in that area and go there and make an appointment to see an M.D. there, who can, hopefully, prescribe something very close to what you are taking. Better yet, a Pharmacist in the hospital.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Forgot my BP meds

Other big pharmacies are Pharmatodo, Colsubsidio, Locatel.

If you have the molecule names of your medicines, better, it will help the pharmacist, or the MD, to know how to replace them with local brands.

If you don't know, Google will help you find this out.

Reply to: Forgot my BP meds
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted