We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling this month

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Travelling this month

Hello all,

Me and my husband are travelling with our one and a half year old daugter on aug 22. I have heard there are some viruses ongoing in bogota.. includind zika virus, measles and malaria.. is it true?? I am so scared as i have baby with me that are most affected to the viruses . i have my stay for 10 days for some office issues to solve. Please help

3 replies to this topic
Bogotá
Level Contributor
26 posts
1. Re: Travelling this month

I understand your fear but truth is in Bogotá, being a city far from rainforests areas, is pretty safe. Of course there is a chance to meet people from those places but you know what is said about life: is a fatal disease of sexual transmission.

If you want to take a chance and knowing more about urban biodiversity, magical marketplaces and exotic fruits, just let me know.

Waikiki, Hawaii
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Travelling this month

Unlike the rest of Colombia, Bogota is 8000 feet above sea level, there are no mosquitoes here. You won't catch any viruses spread by mosquitoes.

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: Travelling this month

You can vaccinate your child against measles, mumps and rubella. This is usually done when they are between 12 and 15 months of age. Then there is a second booster

https:/…page-12-measles-vaccine.html

Cheers

UF

Reply to: Travelling this month
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted