We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogotá/Cali

Minnesota
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Bogotá/Cali

I’m going to Cali for work in the fall, and spending a few days in Bogota while I’m there. Still arranging travel in country - I will fly since my time is limited, and it looks like my flight out of Cali on my last day may be in the morning, maybe 9:45. Is it possible for me to spend my last night in Bogotá and get to cali in time for that?

Mentioned in this post
Cali
Cali
Valle del Cauca Department, Colombia
Bogota
Bogota
Colombia
4 replies to this topic
Medellin
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bogotá/Cali

www.avianca.com/en-co/ check out flights here. It is doable - - earliest flight leaves at 5.34 and arrives 6.42.

Cali, Colombia
Level Contributor
523 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bogotá/Cali

@Diane Why would you want to do that? Does your ticket to CLO have a discount for being Round Trip? Most fares here are one-way fares. As Bicks said, yes, you could do that, if there are no Weather or other issues that would cause you to arrive late in CLO and misconnect.

But, it seems strange, unless you are going with a group or something, that you would fly from BOG to CLO and then fly to the USA from here. There are MANY more flights from Bogota to the USA than there are from Cali and the fare will probably be a little less from BOG.

You could as Bicks wrote, come down here from BOG, and then fly from here to the USA, but it seems strange unless there is something that is not obvious in reading the OP.

I hope that you will enjoy your time in our city!

Mentioned in this post
Bogota
Bogota
Colombia
Cali
Cali
Minnesota
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bogotá/Cali

Thanks. I do have to do it that way, because of the organization that is paying for my trip (I’m going there to present at a conference in Cali). I would have preferred to just leave from Bogotá directly but it isn’t possible.

Mentioned in this post
Cali
Cali
Cali, Colombia
Level Contributor
523 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bogotá/Cali

RE: Reply #3 OK I understand now. Hopefully that will go perfectly the morning you fly from BOG to CLO to the USA.

Reply to: Bogotá/Cali
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted