We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bolivian currency

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Bolivian currency

Where can we buy Bolivian currency ?

I can't find any bank or Other currency traders selling them.

Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Bolivian currency

Take your debit card and get bolivianos from the ATMs in Bolivia.

London
Destination Expert
for Salta
Level Contributor
4,136 posts
294 reviews
2. Re: Bolivian currency

Not available in the UK. as suggested above use an ATM card on arrival. Might be as well to take some USD bill in perfect conditions just in case the ATMs are empty/not working - happens a lot! a couple of tips:

1. only use ATMs attached to banks and, where possible during banking hours only

2. Don’t leave it until the weekend to get cash. many arms start running out of cash on a Friday evening.

Level Contributor
274 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Bolivian currency

If you're landing in la paz I would recommend the currency exchange open 24hrs at the airport. They charge a 15 bolvianos fee but the exchange rate for usd was the best I've ever seen at an airport. Approx. 6.92 sell and 6.97 buy (very small spread).

Make sure your Bill's are like new. They are picky with what theyll accept. They also take other currencies but the spread is worse.

We used atms as well but they were a worse value with a fee of about 5usd plus my bank charging about 4usd on top.

La Paz
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Bolivian currency

you might find this article on Money and travel in Bolivia useful - pretty much covers all the details about money , cards, atms etc for Bolivia

https:/…money-tips-traveling-bolivia

Reply to: Bolivian currency
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted