We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant to celebrate 40th birthday.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant to celebrate 40th birthday.

We’re visiting Abu Dhabi for a week for my 40th birthday first week in May. Staying at Etihad Towers. My partner and I are visiting to celebrate my 40th birthday. We will no doubt try some of the hotel restaurants over the week – particularly like the look of Quest and Scott’s (I love their London restaurant). My question for all you locals is, if you had to choose 1 restaurant for dinner in Abu Dhabi to celebrate a special birthday – which one would you choose? I’m looking for top end, relaxed, romantic and it must serve seafood. Any style of food i.e. Asian, European, American, middle eastern etc is fine – we pretty much eat most things.

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant to celebrate 40th birthday.

Not been here to eat yet staying there in June for a week, but how about the Emirates Palace

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant to celebrate 40th birthday.

thanks Goonebunny I have been to Hakkasan, London and whilst the food is great, it was so dark I had to use my phone as a torch to read the menu. I see plenty of others have made the same comments about Hakkasan Abu Dhabi, Emirate Palace. I know nothing of the other restaurants at Emirates Palace but will research.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant to celebrate 40th birthday.

When you say Romantic and Good Food, Shangri La comes to my mind. Bord Eau and Pearls & Caviar are very good.

But last year winner is: BBQ Al Qasr of Emirates Palace.

timeoutabudhabi.com/gallery/…

Best Romantic: BBQ Al Qasr, Emirates Palace Hotel

Highly commended: Bord Eau, Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri

Edited: 28 March 2014, 18:28
Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant to celebrate 40th birthday.

thanks JeyaB - they look great. Will outdoor seating be available first week in May?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant to celebrate 40th birthday.

Earlier days May used to be very hot, therefore many of the restaurants don't provide outdoor seating, but this year even though we are in April still raining. Therefore, it is better to check directly with the concerned restaurants whether they can provide outdoor seating or not, for the days you are interested in.

London, UK
Level Contributor
158 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant to celebrate 40th birthday.

We were recently in Abu Dhabi for a holiday and went to a fantastic Seafood restaurant - Finz at The Beach Rotana, it was excellent! They have outside seating and some lovely views. Also at this hotel, Trader Vics, great food, music and cocktails, bar and restaurant. Less than 15mins in a cab and about £5 /25 Dhs.

Ray's bar at ET is fab for some celebration drinks!

Enjoy

Lee-Ann, London

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant to celebrate 40th birthday.

Brasserie Angelique would fit your bill and is within Etihad Towers too

8. Re: Restaurant to celebrate 40th birthday.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 11:46