We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need visa to go to Abu Dhabi from Dubai for just one day?

California, US
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Need visa to go to Abu Dhabi from Dubai for just one day?

Our cruise ends in Dubai and we will spend 4 days there. We are thinking of taking a day trip to Abu Dhabi. Do we need a visa to go?

Thank you for your reply.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need visa to go to Abu Dhabi from Dubai for just one day?

NO, Abu Dhabi is in the same country as Dubai....ie the United Arab Emirates.

You not done much research for your trip have you?

Edited: 23 March 2011, 05:53
Mumbai, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need visa to go to Abu Dhabi from Dubai for just one day?

i will be landing in Dubai and after 5 days will be catching return flight from Abudhabi (spending 2 days in abu dhabi).

Is it necessary to catch the return flight from same airport where i have landed?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need visa to go to Abu Dhabi from Dubai for just one day?

As UAE is one country it is not a requirement.

However, I believe there is a requirement to enter and leave by the same airport if your visa is of the type where someone has paid a deposit to obtain your visa (such as a family member already in UAE sponsoring your visit).

ILME

4. Re: Need visa to go to Abu Dhabi from Dubai for just one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 19:49