We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi cost ?

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi cost ?

How much would a taxi cost from Dubai airport to Yas island hotel?

Thanks

13 replies to this topic
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi cost ?

My friend did it a few weeks ago and it was 350dhs.

United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi cost ?

About 400 - 500 Dhs, Have a safe journey!

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi cost ?

Just as an FYI... Do NOT go to the lady who has a desk at the airport to order taxis. She told my friend it was going to be 500dhs minimum. My friend went and found a pink taxi (lady driver) who got her to Yas Island for 350 on a metered taxi.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi cost ?

how much is it from abu dhabi to Dubai. is it any difference in price?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi cost ?

My friend only paid 250dhs going back to Dubai airport from Yas Island. I think I would budget 350 each way though to be honest to be on the safe side.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi cost ?

thanks Clare. Appreciated. That's like £75. fairly expensive.:(

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi cost ?

Have you considered hiring a car for 1 day? Would work out cheaper than taxis. Have a look on rentalcars.com

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi cost ?

@ BoyoChris - it's Dubai, no money, no honey. How much would a 120 km journey be in a UK taxi?

There's always cheaper ways to do anything. No doubt could find a dude in a car who would take 100 dirhams for the journey, but probably wouldn't be insured for 'driving for reward' and maybe not of the required standard.

300 dirhams is a good benchmark for a reputable, genuine, professional RTA taxi driver I'd say (including a tip).

Edited: 30 August 2018, 14:54
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi cost ?

@ Clare F - Good thinking. Just checked there and for cheapest car they want around £60 for the day .Say if its a £70 ish return in a taxi from abu dhabi to Dubai and a emirates bus there on the morning. Probably makes sense getting the taxi. We only want to go to the mosque so bus station doesn't look far from there on the map. Then possibly taxi to F1 circuit then taxi home.

@ Shaun, yeah agree with you fella!. We are just looking at the possibilities. If we can get away with cheaper then might do. As above might try get the bus there and save £60 and taxi back.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi cost ?

@Chris there's a few different ways to do it really. Taxi is generally the cheapest and balances convenience.

Alternatively, in the Dubai forum, someone recently found a private driver that's reliable and reasonable for AD trips. Perhaps search in that forum, and maybe the guy will do pickups in AD that work out cheaper?

Uber and Careem are decent options too, unless they're going through one of the temporary 'bars' the RTA and government employ infrequently. There's a bit of gossip suggesting they're both allowed now to pick up from DXB, although as always, 'your mileage may vary' and I wouldn't like to rely on it.

Buses are reasonable too, providing you're closeby to a stop. A taxi to a station won't add that much, but then it's a factor in for time/hassle etc.

Don't forget taxis directly from airport usually have an uplift/flag cost, perhaps 20 dirhams or so.

Reply to: Taxi cost ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted