We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ethiad first class lounge

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
315 posts
39 reviews
Ethiad first class lounge

Hi I saw an ad for lounge access for 30 used or 110 aed which is a lot less than advertised prices I asked ethiad who just sent link with normal prices... Im just wondering does anyone if this is still available? Or has anyone seen it, also am I right in saying kids under 5 are free.

5 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Ethiad first class lounge

There's a few different lounges, and they've really retracted some of the deals.

In honesty, I doubt you would get into a 'premium class' lounge at AUH for that price. Perhaps a lounge buddy or similar level lounge, as around 30 USD is a decent price point for that.

My guess would be those prices were 'lost in translation' as you'd be looking at 200/100 USD for the First Class or 100/50 for Business Class for the Eithad branded ones at least.

For around 100-150 AED, you're probably looking at lounges such as Al Reem or Al Ghazal.

Another option, if you're set on the Etihad lounges, is perhaps see if there's any value in buying Etihad Guest miles from somewhere like Points/com and then purchasing access with those (it may work out cheaper than cash)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
315 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Ethiad first class lounge

The ad was on "onemileatatime" web page I was surprised at the ad it was the start of June, I think economy ethiad passengers can only acces first class lounge. Are promo codes regular maybe. My concer was really about toilets in the airport for my little boy he'd freak if he's to squat down and not have regular loo. So any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Ethiad first class lounge

If your main concern is toilets for the little 'un, relax - there are plenty of 'Western' type toilets throughout AUH. No need to spend dollars to 'spend a penny'.

The ad - it would be interesting to see what that clicked through to; was it a promotion to purchase tickets then add in access for the lounge, or perhaps a lounge access program like lounge buddy or similar?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
315 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Ethiad first class lounge

No it was just a post given the information. As it turns out ethiad got back to me to say that their arrival longs is €30 usd, but I can't use it as I'm departing to Brisbane on. One trip and departing to Dublin on way back. Other lounges are more expensive, under 5s where free but with the premium lounge the charge€32 for each child. Iv read horror stories about the bathrooms in this airport that's there's not near enough loos... Although no first hand exp of it. :-)

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Ethiad first class lounge

The arrivals lounge is nothing like the First or Business Class lounges, as it's really just for waiting for the chauffeurs onward.

Here's some pics and a review of the Etihad Arrivals Lounge at AUH >

eatdrinkstaydubai.com/etihad-arrivals-lounge…

As for the amount of toilets, it's perhaps better to check the actual map rather than traveller's comments - facts often beat opinions.

abudhabiairport.ae/english/airport-informati…

Did you check out the payable lounges in Lounge Buddy or similar? I think some have the rule of children under 2 go free, but it may be worth checking out each lounge (not just the Etihad ones).

I've been lucky when I've flown through AUH as always been in a lounge, but I would be extremely surprised if 1) there were insufficient toilets and 2)they weren't kept clean.

If it's worth being comfortable and having peace of mind, I would suggest searching for lounges and especially the reviews for each.

Reply to: Ethiad first class lounge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted