We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian PP. Visit visa of dubai. Travel by road to Muscat?

Pune, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Indian PP. Visit visa of dubai. Travel by road to Muscat?

Hello friends,

I have an Indian passport. I am applying for visit visa for 14 days and will be visiting my brother in UAE. After staying in UAE for a few days, I plan to visit my parents in Muscat, Oman which is a neighbouring country and is about 500km away. Visa agent has mentioned that I need to return a flight from mum to dubai or speak to IndiGo airlines and make sure I have "ok to board" status. Once I have this updated against my PNR, they will issue passport. I have sent an email to IndiGo checking on it as I am travelling my IndiGO airlines from Mumbai to Dubai and from Muscat to Mumbai. Dubai to Muscat journey will be covered by road.

My dad would arrange for a muscat visit visa for me and I think I should be able to enter Oman by road.

This is what I plan to do. Has someone done this and has any experience on it? If you could kindly share some advice that would be great. Many thanks.

28 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
15 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian PP. Visit visa of dubai. Travel by road to Muscat?

As long as you dont come back to Dubai this should not be a problem. Make sure you have your Oman VISA ready.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian PP. Visit visa of dubai. Travel by road to Muscat?

Thanks. I don't plan to come back as I will have a single entry visa only. Still awaiting response from airlines. Thanks again.

Muscat, Masqat, Oman
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian PP. Visit visa of dubai. Travel by road to Muscat?

Dear iceeecool

I hope you had good visit in Dubai and Visit early this year..

want the clarity on ok to board ..I have similar case.. where i am calling on parents to muscat, and than take them to Dubai via road.. will i need OTB for there visa?

Regards,

Pune, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian PP. Visit visa of dubai. Travel by road to Muscat?

Hello Neelam,

I am not travelling by road. I am flying from Muscat to AD tomorrow. So, I will not be able to provide inputs on this one.

Muscat, Oman
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian PP. Visit visa of dubai. Travel by road to Muscat?

Hi Neelam,

Did you get any clarifications on this? Even i am planning to bring my parents n sister to muscat on visit and planning to take them to Dubai by road. should we need to apply dubai visa before or can we get the onarriaval visa at dubai entry border. And also kindly let me know is there any limit validity period for residence visa holders to travel to dubai.

Regards,

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian PP. Visit visa of dubai. Travel by road to Muscat?

Sailaja, You being a resident of Oman can get an on arrival visa at the border. But your parents & sister will not be getting a visa in there. They need to have a visa before hand to travel to UAE. So arrange for that before coming. They will not be able to go back to Oman. So they should be flying back to India from UAE. Get the airline informed about this.

Oman
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian PP. Visit visa of dubai. Travel by road to Muscat?

Hi Shahu,

I am living in Muscat and I have Oman resident card. One of my friend came to Dubai on visiting visa he like to come to Muscat so he can came to Oman for 2 days..? After 2 days he will go to return Dubai.Plz give me the proper advice.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indian PP. Visit visa of dubai. Travel by road to Muscat?

If he is on visit visa here, he can not come back to Dubai once he exit the country to go to Muscut. He has to fly back to India or wherever he belongs to from Muscat. He wont get an on arrival visa and can not apply for another visa until one month since he exit the country.

If he has a multi entry visa then he can come back to Dubai after the 2 days trip to Muscat. I wonder if he is on multi entry visa !!

Oman
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Indian PP. Visit visa of dubai. Travel by road to Muscat?

Hi Shanu

Thank you for your immediate respond. So that he can go back to india from Muscat..?If possible what is the formalty in Dubai for come to Muscat by road.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Indian PP. Visit visa of dubai. Travel by road to Muscat?

No formality. Just he has to exit at the boarder. The visa will get cancelled once he exit. He will be having a return flight ticket I believe. He has to cancel that. I am not sure if he has got a refundable ticket or non-refundable. He can fly back to India from there.

But the main thing, has he got the visa for Oman ?? You have to apply for it. He wont get any on arrival visa for Oman. You can easily get an on arrival visa for Dubai subject to the restrictions that you should be in the category of designations allowed for on arrival visa. But he wont as he is on a visit visa.

Reply to: Indian PP. Visit visa of dubai. Travel by road to Muscat?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted