We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how can I get from Jerusalem to Damascus?

Tucson, AZ
1 post
how can I get from Jerusalem to Damascus?

Hi! We're planing a trip in April and May in the Middle East, and we're planing to travel from Jerusalem to Damascus to Goreme, Turkey. How could we accomplish that quickly and cheaply? Is that even possible?

Thanks!

Carmen

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: how can I get from Jerusalem to Damascus?

I don't know about other travel practicalities, but one big issue is that you will not be admitted into Syria if you have Israeli stamps on your passport.

Bilbao
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: how can I get from Jerusalem to Damascus?

First sorry but my english is quite bad. You can´t go to Damascus (Syria in genral) if yo have been previously in Jerusalem. You should go to Syria and when you had finished your tour then go to Jerusalem. So that the best option is to fly to Amman, because if you fly to Damascus and you go to Jerusalem yo will not be able to return into Syria again. Perhaps the soldiers of Israel won´t stamp your passport, but the jordanian soldiers will do it, and then the syrian soldiers will know that you´ve been in Jerusalem.

Good luck!

dublin
3 posts
3. Re: how can I get from Jerusalem to Damascus?

Does anyone know if it is possible to travel from syria into israel?

dublin
3 posts
4. Re: how can I get from Jerusalem to Damascus?

dublin
3 posts
5. Re: how can I get from Jerusalem to Damascus?

new york
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: how can I get from Jerusalem to Damascus?

As a US Citizen, you can acquire a second passport on the grounds that the country prohibits travel if you have visited another country. This is a kind of limited passport with less visa pages - i remember seeing the application for it on the US passport application (or it may have a seperate form). To get to damascus, you'll need to travel to jordan first, i would recommend by bus. from there, there is a train, bus, or by airplane. by airplane is relatively cheap by western standards.

I recommend you use the 2nd passport upon entry with the israelis. Otherwise, use the other one and try your luck with the syrian authorities upon reaching the border between jordan and syria. It would be better if you had entered Jordan first from the US, this way the syrian customs can see that you entered jordan proper (otherwise you'll show them a blank passport).

new york
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: how can I get from Jerusalem to Damascus?

As a US Citizen, you can acquire a second passport on the grounds that the country prohibits travel if you have visited another country. This is a kind of limited passport with less visa pages - i remember seeing the application for it on the US passport application (or it may have a seperate form). To get to damascus, you'll need to travel to jordan first, i would recommend by bus. from there, there is a train, bus, or by airplane. by airplane is relatively cheap by western standards.

I recommend you use the 2nd passport upon entry with the israelis. Otherwise, use the other one and try your luck with the syrian authorities upon reaching the border between jordan and syria. It would be better if you had entered Jordan first from the US, this way the syrian customs can see that you entered jordan proper (otherwise you'll show them a blank passport).

new york
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: how can I get from Jerusalem to Damascus?

Mickodr - go to Jordan and then you can enter Jerusalem and greater Palestine. You wont be able to reenter Syria until you renew your passport. Israelis may question you intensely, however, you'll likely get in. Not sure if Irish citizens need a visa.

london
4 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: how can I get from Jerusalem to Damascus?

you cant once you have an israeli stamp in your passbort they will not let you in and vica versa you will need to obtain a new passport

london
4 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: how can I get from Jerusalem to Damascus?

you cant once you have an israeli stamp in your passbort they will not let you in and vica versa you will need to obtain a new passport