We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning daytrips from damascus

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Planning daytrips from damascus

I will be visiting Damascus in October for 5 days and plan to make day trips by hire care with driver to Palmyra, Crac de Chevaliers and Bosra. As I will be travelling during Ramadan is it necesasary to leave at dawn and be back at the hotel in Damascus at sunset or can I leave at my own liking? I wish to get to Palmyra shortly after sunrise would that pose a problem for the driver. I do not want to be an inconvenience to my driver who I assume will be fasting during the day . Any advicce on driver/passenger etiquette will be appreciated. I am looking forward to discovering Syria and it sights and it people.

Aleppo, Syria
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning daytrips from damascus

Hello,

Beginning of October will be during the Ramadan, that's right. There is no any discomfort for a tourist during this period, except that all participants to the Ramadan are at home enjoying breakfast at sunset.

When you hire a car with driver, the driver is at your service and will make sure he has got something to eat in the car when not at home or in the hotel in time. No problem.

Did you already contact someone to drive you around. My husband is a very experienced driver. He has got an airconditioned minibus for up to 8 people.

If you are interested you can contact me at a dedicated email address for such communication. Any other questions you have on Syria is also welcome on this address. syriatravel@gmail.com

Enjoy your trip

2. Re: Planning daytrips from damascus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 08:48