We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How safe is Syria for indians?

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
How safe is Syria for indians?

I know there is no definite answer,but in general are tourist places like Allepo, Bosra etc. affected. Can we roam around freely?

I am planning to visit sometime next year.

11. Re: How safe is Syria for indians?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2012, 21:41
12. Re: How safe is Syria for indians?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 March 2012, 22:35
London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How safe is Syria for indians?

I visited the country in October- November 2010. Had a fantastic time. Hotels were great and the people very friendly. Entered the country via Deraa and went to Damascus, Palmyra, Homs, Hamas, Aleppo plus Krak des Chevaliers. Fabulous sights. I felt completely safe even out on my own at night. Christians and Moslems seemed to exist side by side and had equal access to employment, health, education etc. Our guide was a Christian and he said there was freedom of worship and I never saw anything to indicate otherwise. At that time there was not the strong security presence on the street that you see in Egypt or Israel. What has happened is very sad.

If you can get there as soon as things quieten down - go.

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How safe is Syria for indians?

We'll probably have to wait for a few years till Syria comes out of it's civil war and is in a stable position. Hope it doesnt go the way Ira.q has gone

15. Re: How safe is Syria for indians?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2013, 14:54