We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar airways free transit hotel

S.W Wales
Level Contributor
249 posts
15 reviews
Qatar airways free transit hotel

Hi All

I have been informed I am eligible for a free hotel stay while on a 19 hour layover in Doha. I have confirmed with Qatar and they said they will email details shortly but I will need to go to a customer service desk who will then allocate a hotel room for me, a taxi and free meals for first 11(?) hours.

I was a bit suprised that I qualified as travelling economy but I thought they would let me know hotel before flying not when I actually arrive at the airport!?

Has anyone had experience with this? is this normal and did it work ok?

Any ideas of what hotels are used for economy travellers?

Also i presume my checked luggage will not be collected in Doha but will be seen at final destination - is this the case (no pun intended)?

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Qatar airways free transit hotel

I am in the same situstion. I already booked my free 5 star hotel room online. Tge program is called Qatar Plus. I have not heard about meals though.

I recommend you call Qatar airline customer service in the country you are in.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Qatar airways free transit hotel

Here is a useful link:

https:/…plus-qatar.html

Zagreb, Croatia
1 post
1 review
3. Re: Qatar airways free transit hotel

Hi! I bought an airplane ticket three months ago, and also used this option for a free sleepover in Doha. The person from the travel agency that helped me to buy the plane ticked sent me the link via wich I could see what hotels are available, and then made the reservation for the hotel i chose for me. Later I got the confirmation from Qatar airways. The trip is yet to come, but this was how I arranged it. This is the link I used: https:/…plusqatar

S.W Wales
Level Contributor
249 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Qatar airways free transit hotel

Hi all

Thanks for your replies

I have received an email from Qatar airlines confirming that I am eligible for a Hotel, and that i need to go to the customer service desk when I arrive and I will then be given a voucher and details of hotel. The voucher will include an allowance for food as my layover is over 11 hours. It sounds like this is the aiport transit hotel? anyone had experience of this?

I can see some people are booking hotels via the Qatar plus websites highlighted in the responses above and this is showing $0 if i want to book a specific hotel. What should I do?

5. Re: Qatar airways free transit hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2018, 23:26

Reply to: Qatar airways free transit hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted