We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dont fly Qatar Airways - not 5 Star Airline

Bangkok
4 posts
Save Topic
Dont fly Qatar Airways - not 5 Star Airline

I flew from UK to Thailand by Qatar Airways, my family which consists of two adults and two small children were slightly overweight on baggage, a total of 10 kg, 2.5 each; yet we were charged 433 UK pounds. I have flown many times, with many airlines and never been charged for such a small weight. In addition, seats were dirty on tyhe flight from UK, probably as the ground staff are too expensive, so most cleaning done in Doha.

I would not recommend Qatar Airways.

Fly by EMIRATES, they are fantastic and have a 30kg allowance.

pwhelli
Level Contributor
320 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dont fly Qatar Airways - not 5 Star Airline

at 23kg allowance how can you be overweight ?

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dont fly Qatar Airways - not 5 Star Airline

I assume that you were a total of 10 kg overweight? The charge would be down to ground staff at LHR. £43 per kg cannot be right, i am surprised that they charged you at all as I am often over and have never been charged in 10 years of flying with QR. I fly every month with them so have probably made some 200+ flights! Bit late now but why did you not just take it on board as hand luggage!

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dont fly Qatar Airways - not 5 Star Airline

Qatar airways maybe was a good airlines but now it's without doubt the worst international airline. On a flight from London to kathMandu. Besides flight being delayed by at least 4 hour, no one is saying the reason to delay. After so much fighting simeone says it could be technical, so vague.

They said free refreshment, have to wait 2 hour in line for that and someone who is responsible for voucher went to bathroom and hasn't been back for 45 mins.

Hate Qatar airways do much, treating people like catt

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dont fly Qatar Airways - not 5 Star Airline

Qatar airways maybe was a good airlines but now it's without doubt the worst international airline. On a flight from London to kathMandu. Besides flight being delayed by at least 4 hour, no one is saying the reason to delay. After so much fighting simeone says it could be technical, so vague.

They said free refreshment, have to wait 2 hour in line for that and someone who is responsible for voucher went to bathroom and hasn't been back for 45 mins.

Hate Qatar airways do much, treating people like catt

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
635 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dont fly Qatar Airways - not 5 Star Airline

This is the second time someone is saying that they were charged 433 UK pounds for an excess baggage of 10 Kilos.

It is very hard for me to believe that they would charge this high when their own website says that they charge $13 US Dollars per kilo.

qatarairways.com/global/en/excess-baggage-ra…

Either there are some serious issues with Qatar Airways in UK or there is something terribly wrong with this post.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dont fly Qatar Airways - not 5 Star Airline

Vinesho,

It's the same guy.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
635 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dont fly Qatar Airways - not 5 Star Airline

Oh I see it is the same guy! Thanks Anonymou5.

Chris I think it is time you give up saying the same story over and over again. It is getting boring.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dont fly Qatar Airways - not 5 Star Airline

I love Qatar Airlines. Have flown from Singapore to Doha to Egypt and return and then Singapore to Doha to Nairobi and return - all flights punctual, wonderful crew who actually seem to like their job and care for the passengers, great food, yummy wine. True, I've never had overweight luggage issues, but Chris...your claim does seem quite extraordinary.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dont fly Qatar Airways - not 5 Star Airline

I have flown QR form LHR to DXB several times. From DXB to HKG. From DXB to EZE in more than one occasion and the only problem I ever had was that in Buenos Aires they made some fuss about my photograpy gear to be taken as carry on (I never check it in as it's worth several thousand dollars), but the agreed after some negotiating. No bribes paid though!

Emirates, in the other hand, has lost my luggage, delayed flights and has very snooty crew. QR still is a 5* airline. No doubt about that!

Edited: 11 May 2012, 15:44
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dont fly Qatar Airways - not 5 Star Airline

I have flown QR form LHR to DXB several times. From DXB to HKG. From DXB to EZE in more than one occasion and the inky problem I ever had was that in Buenos Aires they made some fuss about my photograpy gear to be taken as carry on (I never check it in as it's worth several thousand dollars), but the agreed after some negotiating. No bribes paid though!

Emirates, in the other hand, has list my luggage, delayed flights and has very snooty crew. QR still is a 5* airline. No doubt abou that!