We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evisa application process

Brunswick, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
98 reviews
Evisa application process

There is confusing advice in the official Omani website about the length of time before I travel to Oman to apply for my tourist visa. It appears to be either 60 days before arrival or up to 30 days depending on length of stay. Can someone please advise?

5 replies to this topic
Al Ain, United Arab...
Level Contributor
352 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Evisa application process

Apply for your visa 14-21 days before arrival. You should have your visa back in a few hours. Have a great time!

Brunswick, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
98 reviews
2. Re: Evisa application process

I plan to be in Oman from 21 till 23 October and will be travelling in Europe before that time. What is the earliest I can apply for my visa? I would like to do it when I have access to a prInter so I can arrive with a hard copy visa.

Canberra
Level Contributor
6 posts
319 reviews
3. Re: Evisa application process

I applied yesterday (6/8), visa emailed o/night to be used by 6/9 - I arrive 4/9! So quick and efficient - at a price!

Brunswick, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
98 reviews
4. Re: Evisa application process

Did you use the official Oman Police website to apply or a service provider?

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
6,988 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: Evisa application process

When you apply for a visa through the online evisa site, your approval will be valid for one month. So, for example, if your email approval were to be dated today, 7th August, it must be used to enter the country by 7th September. The email approval is just that, an approval. You should print it and present the printed approval to the Immigration officer on arrival and then you will get the visa stamped in your passport. The earliest date you can apply for a visa would, therefore, be 21st September but I would err on the side of caution and do it a couple of days earlier which would give you some leeway should your plans change and you need to arrive before 21st October.

It should be noted that if you have an approval but your plans change so that you may wish to travel to Oman after or before the month for which your approval is valid, you may not be able to apply for another visa until your first approval has expired.

Reply to: Evisa application process
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted