We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Restaurant recommendations

Hi,

I am really looking forward to visiting beruit - Lebanese food is my favourite. I would like some recommendations for a breakfast, lunch and dinner places. We are looking for quality food - I’ve been told every restaurant is quality otherwise it would be forced to shut down. For someone visiting first time it’s easier to actually ask people who are either locals and people who have tried & tested. Also, is the meat/ chicken halal in Beirut ? Will be staying Radisson Martinez area but don’t mind venturing out.

Thank you for your help!

6 replies to this topic
Beirut, Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations

You can have Lebanese breakfast, lunch and dinner at Em Nazih restaurant on Pasteur Street, Gemmayzeh which is inside the Saifi Urban Garden hostel.

You can also have a Lebanese cuisine in five star restaurants such as the Sultan Ibrahim and Babel in Zaitunay Bay and in Achrafieh at Abdel Wahab restaurant on Abdel Wahab el Inglisi Street and Diwan Beirut restaurant on Charles Malek Avenue.

Best regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations

I’ve just checked Em Nazih which looks great and has a relaxing atmosphere. Looking forward to eating Lebanese in Lebanon, and not UAE or Edgware Rd. Thank you Gaby85 for your recommendations.

Level Contributor
15 posts
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Hello ! The meat in beirut is not always hallal, since there are both christians and muslims :) But, you can find hallal meat in many restaurants (even fast foods like Macdonalds).

For breakfast, I'd recommend to grab at least once a mankoushe from Furn Al Amin in Salim Slem, and a knefeh from Aser El helweyet (not very far from hamra)

For lunch, t-marbouta in hamra seems to attract lots of tourists and i've heard good reviews about it.

I've been told em nazih is good as well (didn't try it thought, i don't really go out to eat lebanese since i can't eat it at home)

Malak Al taouk (not really a restaurant, as in usually people order and take out) has cheap, but great taouk sandwiches.

Chmaitelleh near Riad El solh or on Karakol El Druz make tasty "farooj" (roasted chicken), and chicken sandwiches. It is not a restaurant either.

For dinner, you can have a lahem bi aajeen or a shawarma from Barbar (it's more expensive than other place for what is it -small portions) in Hamra.

Manara palace at Manara area is okay food-wise, i actually go there just for the view (it is near the beach).

There is a good place in Downtown for falafels, but i don't recall the name.

Enjoy !

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations

We are visiting for 5 days and are looking forward to your recommendations. Thank you Douaa K for clarification over halal/non halal. I really appreciate it!

Edited: 15 October 2018, 22:08
Deptford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations

i love Leila in Gemmayze.. and i love Massad restaurant in Gemmayze... also LeChef in Gemmayze i like it has a different menu every night i believe and the food is fresh and a cozy atmosphere...so many restaurants along armenia street you can just stop in and try.. no shortage of places to eat..

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Thank you Lola M.

Reply to: Restaurant recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted