We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Mid november

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
5 days in Mid november

Hello there!

My husband and I are in our mid 30’s and planning a 5 day trip to Beirut in November. Here are a few questions ..

1. What neighbourhoods in Beirut should be look for accommodation? We like touristy hustle bustle. Maybe close to the party places? Is Hamra street the go-to option?

2. We would like to spend 2 days in Beruit and another 2 outside.What are the places to see outside Beirut? Are Byblos and Baalbek enough? What can we club with them? Does this cover Mt. Lebanon?

3. Would you recommend spending one night outside Beirut? If so, in which place?

Any advice would be most welcome!

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Beirut, Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,963 posts
1. Re: 5 days in Mid november

Hello Ana,

1- I recommend you use Beirut as a base for all your one day trip in Lebanon

2- Most hotels in Beirut are located ion the Hamra area, but most tourst attractions are located in downtown Beirut which is the oldest part and historical part of Beirut with only half a dozen of hotels, besides of that it is closer to the Gemaayzeh and Mar Mikhael neighborhoods full of hustle and bustle at night especially over the weekend.

3- Below is a 4-day itinerary, it shows what is important to see for first time visitors to Lebanon. Choose what suits best among this 4-day itinerary.

Day 1 Combine a day visit to Jeita Grotto where you float under and around stalagmites and stalactites, take the cable car in Jounieh up to the 600-meters sanctuary of "Our Lady of Lebanon" in Harissa for a panoramic mountain and sea view, continue around noon to the Byblos archaeological site including the Crusader castle, the Roman amphitheater and the Phoenician ruins and harbor.

Day 2 Visit Ksara winery for a wine tasting session, swing by the Omayyad site of Anjar which is well worth the detour, continue around noon to the Roman temples in Baalbeck. If you are a wine lover, and still have time visit Kefraya winery one of the most prestigious vineyards in Lebanon.

Day 3 Early morning leave for the princely city of Deir el Qamar whose famous square brings together the splendor of the Principality of Mount Lebanon, continue to the amazing palace and the village of Bettedine once the seat of princely power in Mount Lebanon, take the opportunity to visit and hike in the several thousand years old Chouf Cedars Nature Reserve the largest in Lebanon with the most beautiful cedar tree.

Day 4 Visit Sidon, its 13th-century Crusader Sea Castle, its old souks, including the 17th-century Khan el Franj, the 18th-century Debbane Palace and the 20th-century soap museum, continue around noon to

Tyre, the iconic city of antiquity, visit the Roman Hippodrome. Stop in Qana, the place of the famous Biblical wedding before returning to Beirut. .

Best regards

Edited: 08 October 2018, 17:25
Byblos, Lebanon
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: 5 days in Mid november

Hello,

My suggestion would be to stay in gemmayze your right in the hub for good nightlife and walking distance to downtown Beirut.

Staying outside Beirut I would highly recommend staying in byblos and from there you can explore the north. (No fighting the traffic in and out of Beirut)

If you need anymore advice please don’t hesitate to reach out to as I’m happy to assist

Reply to: 5 days in Mid november
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted