We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area to stay

New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
179 posts
40 reviews
Which area to stay

We are a couple in our mid 30's. We will be in Beirut for 3 days. We like walking around a lot when we travel. We love architecture, bookstores, local food, etc. We are big foodies but we are NOT into bar hopping and nightlife. Currently, we have narrowed down to staying in Hamra or downtown Beirut. Safety is the number 1 priority, of course. At night, we prefer an area that's quiet (as opposed to noisy with nightclubs and such). Which area would suit us better?

Thanks a buch.

Heidi

4 replies to this topic
Beirut, Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
1. Re: Which area to stay

Hello Heidi,

The area that suits you best is downtown Beirut.

Level Contributor
15 posts
2. Re: Which area to stay

Hello,

Concering safety, you don't need to worry. All Beirut is actually as safe as Paris (word from mouth of expats living here).

I totally recommend you to choose the cheapest option for the hotel.

Lebanon
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Which area to stay

Hi,

Glad to have you in Lebanon :)

You should visit Jounieh. Stop first at Jeita Grotto, then head towards Jounieh’s old souks, have lunch at Margherita Mare, and, in the early afternoon, go fly with “Paragliding Club Thermique”. Professional cool pilots that will make you enjoy the most beautiful view and live an unforgettable experience.

The whole procedure takes about 1 hour (if you’re 2 persons) so you will have time to reach Byblos on sunset.

Hope this helped :)

Enjoy your stay

B C
Livorno, Italy
Level Contributor
410 posts
102 reviews
4. Re: Which area to stay

I stayed in Hamra and I recommend it

Reply to: Which area to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Beirut