We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week in Lebanon

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
1 week in Lebanon

Hello all! I’ve done a lot of research into this but I want to ask people who have actually been there.

I’m a well-travelled young Irish man looking to spend 6/7 days in Lebanon Mid-October. I have read online that many people say I should book all of my accomodation for Beirut and just do say trips to the major tourist spots because they are so close by i.e Jetta Grotto, Byblos & Harrissa and then Baalbek & Baatara are 90 Mins away. Do you agree or should I consider staying in another city other than Beirut.

Any advice is much appreciated, cheers!

13 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
23 posts
140 reviews
11. Re: 1 week in Lebanon

I have just returned from a 9 day trip to Lebanon with 5 other people. We loved our 2 night stay in Byblos and especially our 2 night stay in the beautiful mountain village of Hardine at the Hardini Inn where famimies from Beirut go for weekend getaways. From there we traveled through the Cedars of God and Bsherra to spend one night at the famous Palmyra Hotel in Baalbek. After our tour of the ruins we continued to the Ksara winery before returning for our final 2 nights in Beirut where we had spent the first 2 nights. We hired a van and awesome driver through Lebanon Taxi in Beirut. It was quite a thrill to actually spend time in these other towns without being rushed back to Beirut each night in the raging traffic!

Byblos, Lebanon
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
12. Re: 1 week in Lebanon

i would suggest 2 bases.

beirut to make the south east part.

byblos to make the north east part of lebanon if u want to visit Arz ...

Lebanon
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
13. Re: 1 week in Lebanon

Hi,

Glad to have you in Lebanon :)

You should visit Jounieh. Stop first at Jeita Grotto, then head towards Jounieh’s old souks, have lunch at Margherita Mare, and, in the early afternoon, go fly with “Paragliding Club Thermique”. Professional cool pilots that will make you enjoy the most beautiful view and live an unforgettable experience.

The whole procedure takes about 1 hour (if you’re 2 persons) so you will have time to reach Byblos on sunset.

Hope this helped :)

Enjoy your stay

Reply to: 1 week in Lebanon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted