We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Medina to Makkah

Chicago, Illinois
5 posts
Save Topic
Travel Medina to Makkah

What is the best way to travel between Medina and Makkah for Umrah for a couple?

What would cost be for taxi and bus?

Jazak Allah

44 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,653 posts
1,881 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Medina to Makkah

You are looking at bus, private bus/coach or taxi.

Looking at the conditions of the private bus/coach which looks like it last had a service when Nixon was President of the USA, I would give it a miss. The SAPTCO buses are comfortable, cheap but slow, The private taxis are the quickest, you are realistically looking at 500-700 SAR at peak busy umrah periods.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293993-s301/Mecca:Sa…

Edited: 24 May 2013, 16:12
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Medina to Makkah

Preston Traveller

On here there should be a list of commonly asked questions, maybe to the right of the screen. As in other destination forums. Stuff like; how to get from Jeddah airport to Makkah/Madinah, what is best form of transport, how much, how long, etc.

Too many people not searching the forum and asking the same questions again and again.

What do you think?

Chicago, Illinois
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Medina to Makkah

Thank you for your responses. A lot of the questions are from 2012 or older. I am planning on being there in the next few days and I know the prices vary very much by how busy of a season it is.

And so I asked again :)

But thank you both for your reponses

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,653 posts
1,881 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Medina to Makkah

The Top Questions can only be done by the DE for Saudi, so I hope he is reading.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Medina to Makkah

PrestonTraveller gave you right advice and correct prices for taxi. I have just returned from Umrah 5 weeks ago and I think best option for you is to travel via taxi. As with everything else there your bargaining skills and season (ie Ramadan etc) can decide final prices for taxi. SAPTCO buses are comfortable and cheap but will take longer to get to Makkah. I strongly advise to ignore old buses which lure pilgrims with very cheap prices but takes ages to travel and they are not clean so best option is probably private taxi. SAPTCO stop is next to Masjid Abuzar Gifari (RA), you can ask any locals and they should be able to show you directions. You will also find number of taxi/private vans going to Madinah just outside SAPTCO terminus as well.

Edited: 27 May 2013, 14:42
6. Re: Travel Medina to Makkah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2013, 23:46

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Medina to Makkah

There're SAPTCO VIP Bus available for Makkah-Madinah and Jeddah-Madinah (return), 3 times daily. The bus are really comfortable, safe, punctual & doesn't stop in the rest are during the trip (except Madinah-Makkah will stop for 15 mins at Bir Ali Miqat). Makkah-Madinah will take around 5 hours.

Yangon (Rangoon...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Medina to Makkah

assalamualikum!

i hop you fine .

now i want to visas for haj & umrah ok.

please reply me

thank you

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Medina to Makkah

I have been to umrah few months ago. I suggest you take the SAPTCO VIP bus. It runs from Hotel Elaf Taibah that is behind Nabawi Mosque Madinah (Haram). Comfortable bus, light meals included. free seating. Fare is SR100 per person. 2 trips per day. Short stop at Bir Ali for Umrah Miqat. Will drop you at Makkah not far from Haram. if you want a private taxi will cost you between SR350 to SR500 per taxi depends on your haggling skills.

Islamabad, Pakistan
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Medina to Makkah

Excellent feed back ,, thanx a lot brother

ALLAH bless you

Nadeem Islamabad

Pakistan

Reply to: Travel Medina to Makkah
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted