We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ben Gurion airport to Tel aviv or Jerusalem on Shabbat

2 posts
Ben Gurion airport to Tel aviv or Jerusalem on Shabbat

Me and my friends (4 people with 4 suitcases)will arrive Ben Gurion airport at 23:00 Friday. I know there is no public transport we can take, please let me know if there inexpensive way to go to Tel aviv or Jerusalem.

if taxi is the only choice, how much will it cost?I really don't want to bargain after a long flight.

or any recommended pick-up service and the price?

thank you!

4 replies to this topic
Towson, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Ben Gurion airport to Tel aviv or Jerusalem on Shabbat

If you want to go to Tel Aviv, taxi is your only option. Go to the taxi stand, don't accept any offers for rides, and you'll get a taxi at the official, fixed price.

If you want to go to Jerusalem, you have two options. The Nesher Sherut, which is 67NIS per person, is a 10 seater mini-bus that leaves when it's full. Your other option is a taxi at a fixed price.

As there are four of you, you should find the price of a taxi pretty close to the price of 4 tickets on the Sherut. I would just go for the taxi. Don't waste your time with pick up services, taxis are plentiful, affordable, and as mentioned, the price is fixed. If you were wondering, there is no Uber.

You can use this link to calculate the taxi fare:

iaa.gov.il/en-US/…TaxiFareCalculator.aspx

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
19,514 posts
114 reviews
2. Re: Ben Gurion airport to Tel aviv or Jerusalem on Shabbat

Take a taxi from the official taxi stand - the dispatcher will insure that you are charged the official rate - no need to bargain.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,501 posts
3. Re: Ben Gurion airport to Tel aviv or Jerusalem on Shabbat

And no need to tip the driver. It's not customary to tip taxi drivers in Israel unless they perform some extra service, such as carrying your luggage up several flights of stairs.

2 posts
4. Re: Ben Gurion airport to Tel aviv or Jerusalem on Shabbat

thank you for all reply, I am not so worry after knowing there is fixed price.

Reply to: Ben Gurion airport to Tel aviv or Jerusalem on Shabbat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tel Aviv