We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

another question about airport transfer

Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
another question about airport transfer

Hello!

I am looking for advice on the following options as I will arrive late in Tel Aviv, Saturday night (10:30 PM with no delays).

1. option A - train

Will I have time to catch the last train to Tel Aviv? What station do I get off for my Airbnb in the center (around Merom Bazal Medical Center, on Ibn Gabriol street)? Is it ok to walk?

2. option B - a taxi

approximate price?

Thanks a bunch!

6 replies to this topic
Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,195 posts
322 reviews
1. Re: another question about airport transfer

There are trains on Saturday night, but there are train works going on right now so you would be taking a shuttle. It would probably be easiest to just take a taxi to your final destination.

Chana

Israel

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
390 posts
166 reviews
2. Re: another question about airport transfer

Here is the railway website.

https://www.rail.co.il/en

As you can see from the banners at the top, there are difficulties on weekends from the airport due to works in progress. (Although you don't mention which Saturday night you are arriving). Still, enter your information and check if there is a train on the date you want.

Taxis are normally freely available. Cost - about 150 shekels, depends to some extent on the number of passengers and the number of bags. BTW, in Israel taxi drivers do not expect tips.

Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: another question about airport transfer

Thank you both!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,851 posts
4. Re: another question about airport transfer

While there are no trains, there are *free* rail replacement buses from the airport to Tel Aviv Savidor Merkaz (Central) railway station. The first one on Saturday night is at 19:30, then every hour at xx:30.

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
5. Re: another question about airport transfer

I have the same question, since I'm travelling in the end of April and arrive Saturday at 21h30.

I see on Israel train station website that the next train is only at 1:30am...

How can I find information about those replacement buses? Thank you for the info provided so far.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,851 posts
6. Re: another question about airport transfer

After the clocks go forward to daylight saving time on the night of March 22/23, the first bus on Saturday will most likely be at 20:30 (if trains have not resumed running by then). They go to Tel Aviv Savidor Merkaz (Central) railway station - the main transport hub in Tel Aviv.

I don't know exactly where they leave from, but I assume they will be well signposted. If you don't see any signs, ask at the information desk in the arrivals hall.

Reply to: another question about airport transfer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted