We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philadelphia to Tel Aviv through Munich

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Philadelphia to Tel Aviv through Munich

Our flights to Tel Aviv from Philadelphia are not direct but stop at Munich. What types of security will we have to go through to catch our connection from Munich to Tel Aviv? Also how much time must we allow? Time between flights is only 1 1/2 hours. Thank you.

8 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
19,503 posts
114 reviews
1. Re: Philadelphia to Tel Aviv through Munich

If your flights were booked on one ticket then usually the airline will not allow you to book something that won't work. An hour and a half is usually more than enough - and if for some reason, things go wrong and it was all booked on one ticket then the airline (I'm guessing Lufthansa) will be responsible for making it work and any adjustments needed.

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Philadelphia to Tel Aviv through Munich

Oreet: The trip was booked through American and they, too, assure me we should have enough time. Still I worry and really appreciate this forum and the kind responses of people such as yourself. Thank you, very much. Joyce

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
19,503 posts
114 reviews
3. Re: Philadelphia to Tel Aviv through Munich

I wouldn't worry - I have made international connections that were booked through American - with 1:20 connect time - no problems. And like I said, if your flight is delayed then the airline - either American or Lufthansa is responsible for your making the next available flight and any other considerations involved.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Philadelphia to Tel Aviv through Munich

What company is your flight from Munich to Tel-Aviv?

Please expect very tight security in Munich airport to Tel-Aviv. The flights to Tel-Aviv leave from a separate building, not connected directly to the general airport, called Halle F.

Towson, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: Philadelphia to Tel Aviv through Munich

If the flight was offered to you by American, and you didn't use the multi-city or buy two separate tickets, they are responsible for the connection, so they must feel that it is plenty of time.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,816 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: Philadelphia to Tel Aviv through Munich

I'll add my voice to the not to worry crowd, IF YOU FLIGHT is one ticket.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
45 reviews
7. Re: Philadelphia to Tel Aviv through Munich

You won't have to deal with your luggage, but it is a long walk through the airport to get to where the flights to Israel leave from, it's a separate building: you go through security again and then down a hall into another (connected) building. It gave me the creeps, frankly. The timing is doable, but don't linger when you land, go straight to your gate to Tel Aviv. (Traveller tip: Go to the bathroom in the main terminal, if necessary. The bathrooms near the gate for flights leaving for Israel are not nearly as nice.)

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Philadelphia to Tel Aviv through Munich

As I mentioned before this separate building is called "Halle F". Security is very tight there, but friendlier than at London airport.

Edited: 18 March 2018, 01:07
Reply to: Philadelphia to Tel Aviv through Munich
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted