We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Inn Jeruslaem

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Inn Jeruslaem

Hello all,

I was looking at accommodation in Jerusalem and found this place (http://www.royalinnjerusalem.com) and the prices looked pretty good and the location too.

However, I wasn't able to find any review anywhere - has anyone heard of this place before and know if it is legit?

Thanks!!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,688 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Inn Jeruslaem

The directions they give on the site make it look legit. However you should note that it is not very centrally located and will require you take a bus/taxi to wherever you want to visit. Also there may or may not be parking readily available in this area.

Chana

Israel

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Inn Jeruslaem

Thanks for your reply.

I will be doing a Hebrew course in the German Colony and it is about a 5 - 10 minute walk from where the classes are held which is why I liked the location of this place.

But I think for the rest of my time in Jerusalem I will definitely stay somewhere more central.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,799 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Inn Jeruslaem

Note that this apartment is being advertisted specifically for the religiously observant and you will need to keep kosher ( the landlord may expect that you already do) and there may also be an expectation that you are Shomer Shabbat.

If you are already, no problem but if not, check on this first so there are no surprises.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,463 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Inn Jeruslaem

Two things on the site strike me as odd:

(1) the "news" is dated 2008 - four years ago - and the most recent entry in the guest book is April 2009;

(2) the only telephone number is a cell phone (mobile phone).

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
33,911 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Inn Jeruslaem

I initially was also reacting to the older dates on the web page, but then realizing that this is just really a two room zimmer, not a large hotel decided it wasn't that important--website not kept up.

Also, Shuffaluff--you are showing your ( and mine) age! know many many people, mostly younger--in both the US and Israel who ONLY have cellphones. Drives me crazy--but that is the new generation!

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,799 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Inn Jeruslaem

Pretty standard that people who are advertising websites or even bookings for events, give cell numbers.

7. Re: Royal Inn Jeruslaem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2013, 15:46