We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galleries, shops evening hours in Jerusalem

Georgetown TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Galleries, shops evening hours in Jerusalem

Is it worth to spend an overnight in Jersualem city centre after a day tour to experience shops and restaurants, are bazzars, galleries and shops open after 6pm on a thursday night?

JG

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galleries, shops evening hours in Jerusalem

Yes!

Thursday night is particularly busy in Jerusalem. Many shops are open until 10 pm or later, and restaurants stay open much later than that. The city center is bustling and lively at 1 am.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,630 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galleries, shops evening hours in Jerusalem

Mamlla is open until 10 p.m., but do I understand that you are in Jerusalem for just one day?

Chana

Israel

Georgetown TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galleries, shops evening hours in Jerusalem

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. This is really helpful as I won't get to my hotel till 6pm and wanted to be sure things would be open to explore.

June

Georgetown TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galleries, shops evening hours in Jerusalem

Hello,

Just realized that I will be in Jerusalem during Succoth, (Oct 4 & 5) will restaurants and shops be open?

Thank you,

June

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,801 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galleries, shops evening hours in Jerusalem

Oct 4 and 5 are the intermediary days. Things will be open normally--but you will see many restaurants with Succot --The 5th is a FRiday so things will close earlier as they do on any Friday.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,630 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Galleries, shops evening hours in Jerusalem

As rdglady mentioned everything closes early on Friday afternoon, by around 2 p.m., except in the non-Jewish areas. This includes shops and most restaurants in Jerusalem. You can still walk around the Old City and visit areas in the new city. Museums BTW also close early on Friday.

Chana

Israel

Georgetown TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Galleries, shops evening hours in Jerusalem

Thank you all for your reply,

June

8. Re: Galleries, shops evening hours in Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 09:45