We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel itinerary with kids and Eretz Breishit?

New York
7 posts
Israel itinerary with kids and Eretz Breishit?

I will be travelling to Israel with 4 kids (baby/toddler/8/9) this summer. I have heard of place called eretz breishit where kids can go to Abraham's tent and get a camel ride. Does anyone know where this is and how good it is? Also, where exactly is the kangaroo park (gangaroo)?

I am also trying decide the following:

1) should we stay in Tel Aviv or Herzliya (we are a party of 9)? We were thinking of the TA Hilton.

2) should we go to Eilat in the heat of the summer or should we save it for our next trip?

3) Is the air force graduation/air show worth working our itinerary around?

I am looking for any suggestions to keep all the kids happy and the parents and grandparents sane.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: Israel itinerary with kids and Eretz Breishit?

For Eretz bereshit, see

http://www.genesisland.co.il/

and for GanGaroo

www.gemsinisrael.com/e_article000002706.htm (Nir David homepage is in hebrew only)

As for your other questions

1. it's a matter of taste. i prefer Tel Aviv because it's more in the centre of things. for exactly the same reason, you might prefer Herzelyiah, which is quiter.

2. Save it for when it's less hot

3. Which air force graduation show?

Israel
Level Contributor
736 posts
73 reviews
2. Re: Israel itinerary with kids and Eretz Breishit?

There are plenty of activities for kids. For example, for your 2 older kids, the Time Elevator can be a real fun experience. See more at http://www.time-elevator.co.il/

In the south, you can visit the alpaca farm in Mitzpe Ramon. They offer some nice activities for kids such as learning about the life of these animals, feeding and petting them etc. See alpaca.co.il/alpaca/english/english.htm

In Tel Aviv, the "Total-aviv experience" is a 10 minutes 3D stereoscopic movie, viewed using special binoculars. It's a time adventure movie and tells the history of Tel Aviv and the state of Israel, using animation and in a Walt Disney style. The theatre is located at the last (49th) floor of the Azri'eli tower, and before the movie there's a 3D exhibition of pictures with sound. After the movie you can go to the observatory and see the TA area from a birdeye. For details call: 03-6081179

There are plenty more, I try to remember...

3. Re: Israel itinerary with kids and Eretz Breishit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 21:46