We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drain plug/stopper

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
drain plug/stopper

Hi, everyone. I hope this question isn't too silly... I'm traveling (with a group) to Israel in December, and I was told to bring a small drain plug. I guess it's in case we need to hand wash our clothes.

But I'm not sure what size plug to get. I found a plug that fits 1-1/2-inch to 2-inch drains. Will this work?

Here's a link: amazon.com/exec/…

Thanks! :)

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: drain plug/stopper

I honestly think that you don't need to bother yourself with drain plugs. In the very remote chance that your hotel sink will not have one, just ask the hotel staff for it. I sometimes am amazed who spreads these funny "you must bring with you " tales. But if you insist, I measured the diameter of my own plug in our bathroom sink. The results: Outer diameter One and a half intch, inner diameter one and a quarter intch.

israel
Level Contributor
734 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: drain plug/stopper

A neat tip for anyone stuck without a plug - just take a lemon (yes a LEMON) cut a slice the diameter of the hole and stick the slice in and hey presto - one eco friendly, bio disposable and fool proof plug. Yo want to cut the slice so that the smaller circumference fits neatly in the plug hole and the bigger is slightly to large so that it squeezes in.

Adam

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: drain plug/stopper

And Adam,

You forgot to mention that lemons are easy to get in every greengrocer , supermarket or in street markets. No need to get it from Amazon...

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: drain plug/stopper

Oh truly.....there is no standard diameter drain or plug. On top of Adam's eco friendly suggestion, you can also use a plastic bag. If you wish to bring something really useful, bring (us) some rain.

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: drain plug/stopper

Excellent idea, Anon!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: drain plug/stopper

Thanks for your replies! Now I know why I love this forum. ;)

7. Re: drain plug/stopper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2010, 10:49