We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zimmer in central northern Israel

california
Level Contributor
36 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
zimmer in central northern Israel

Thanks for all advice up to now on our itinerary, and for your guide Douglas! Now that we've read that, and more, we're looking for a place to stay in the north for April 4, 5, 6. We'd like to be about halfway between Haifa and Tiberias. Any suggestions for zimmer (sound very appealing) or hotels? We need space for 4 people, preferably in two rooms. My son proposed Nazareth, as it's central, but the first place we tried there (Fauzi Azar Inn) is booked. A possible limitation on our choices is that we wouldn't arrive until late on the 4th, a Friday, which might be a problem if the hosts were observant.

Israel
Level Contributor
736 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: zimmer in central northern Israel

I think the village of Zippori may suite you. It's right between Haifa and Tiberias, very close to Nazareth (5 minutes drive). The beautiful zippori National park (with one of the most beautiful mosaics in Israel) is nearby. Here are some links to places you can stay at. I have relatives who live in Zippri so once you choose a place I can ask them for their opinion about the place you chose.

http://www.zippori.net/indexe.html

http://www.zipori.com/

Israel
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: zimmer in central northern Israel

Hi! I like the Zippori idea. I have a recommendation for a specific zimmer, although the proprietors are observant, so I am not sure how/if they accommodate guests who arrive on Shabbat (perhaps they have a non-Jewish person manning the desk?).

The place is called Zippori Village. They have wooden cottages and a lovely stone house for rent. The prices are very reasonable, and they are very friendly and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. Also, they are English-speakers (either American or Canadian -- I'm not sure which), so it will be very easy to communicate with them.

Although they don't serve lavish spa-style breakfasts, they do put a nice basket of organic wheat bread, local cheeses, fruit, yogurt, etc. at your front door each morning. You can help yourself to eggs from the chicken coop and you can also pick berries from their trees. Overall, a very friendly and laid-back place.

The Tzon-El goat dairy is right down the road, and they have a store and a place for cheese tasting. We met a fellow there who was originally from Texas -- he gave us an English tour.

http://www.zipori.com/pictures.html

Israel
Level Contributor
736 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: zimmer in central northern Israel

rgdlady, the zippori village is one of my links :)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,562 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: zimmer in central northern Israel

Guyva--I did not participate in this thread until now--so please don't say I repeated one of your links.

thanks

california
Level Contributor
36 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: zimmer in central northern Israel

zippori looks great, thanks

But now that we double checked our arrival time in Tel Aviv, we realized we get in around 5 p.m., not early afternoon as somehow we convinced ourselves we would, so I'm wondering if the first night we should stay in Haifa, or somewhere on the way, near the coast, and then the second two nights either Zippori or maybe instead Tiberias, i.e. farther east so easier to tour around the lake. Any suggestions there? And any advice on the distances? It seems to me it makes sense to move instead of trying to drive back and forth to the coast, but I don't have a good sense of how the distances feel.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,562 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: zimmer in central northern Israel

Stay 1 night in Haifa, and 2 nights further north-east. Try Metula - many nice B&Bs and small hotels, or one of the Kibutzim B&Bs like Hagoshrim, Kfar Gilady, Pastoral in Kfar Blum. Those dates might be booked already at the Kibutzim and the youth hostels. You can try Ganei Dafna or Ramot. There are so many zimmers there, some of them are basic, some quite luxurious.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,562 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: zimmer in central northern Israel

Sorry - a mistake. The Kibutzim are not B&Bs but 3 star hotels.

Israel
Level Contributor
736 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: zimmer in central northern Israel

sorry, I switched rdglady with IndigoGrrl by mistake. And even so, it's fine to repeat any links and nothing in my comment was meant to mock anyone (I even added a smily in that post).

Nadav

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,314 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: zimmer in central northern Israel

For crying out loud, the man made a simple mistake. Sheesh.

Douglas Duckett

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
64 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: zimmer in central northern Israel

I was checking the websites some of you posted earlier re: zippori village and it looks really sweet. We plan to spend a few days seeing Tsfat, Gallilee, Haifa - see the sites and maybe do some hiking if we can stand the heat (in July). Is this a good location to see those spots?