We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October cancelation

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,052 posts
230 reviews
224 helpful votes
October cancelation
Save

I did decide this morning to cancel my planned trip for late October. The signs are simply not looking positive, and my fear was that even if things temporarily improved in September, allowing for some relaxation of admission requirements, there might be another surge after the holidays leading to another closure. While my knee replacement surgery on Monday when very well, there is an enormous amount of pain and a lot of effort that I have to devote for my rehab. I need to focus on that and not worrying about a decision a few weeks from now. It was easier to make the decision now, since it looked pretty obvious in any event.

I wish all of you planning trips this fall or later luck, and we will travel again. It is just a very difficult time.

Douglas Duckett

23 replies to this topic
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
45,440 posts
39 reviews
43 helpful votes
1. Re: October cancelation
Save

Everyone has to do what is right for,them. I’m still holding onto my Oct.11 reservation and G-d willing…

Glad the surgery went well and I’d guess that even if Israel is open, you are better off giving the knee extra time to heal properly and fully.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
24,185 posts
129 reviews
51 helpful votes
2. Re: October cancelation
Save

Glad to hear that your surgery went well -- refu'ah shelema -- wishing you a speedy recovery.

I know that the decision to postpone again was not an easy one, but under the circumstances probably the right one. We are all (like you) waiting until you and everyone else can come and visit again.

We are here waiting and hoping.

Oreet

Virginia
Level Contributor
648 posts
234 reviews
159 helpful votes
3. Re: October cancelation
Save

I am assuming my tour for October 5th will be cancelled. I am prepared to move my trip once again to 2022. I have been waiting because I believe if they cancel it will be better for me and they would have to do that soon.

Douglas! I am glad your knee surgery went well and I hope you heal up completely so you can be up and about and traveling again!

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
97 reviews
50 helpful votes
4. Re: October cancelation
Save

Douglas, glad your surgery went well and best wishes for the healing/rehab process. Sorry about the cancellation. Next year in Jerusalem!

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
8,261 posts
126 reviews
114 helpful votes
5. Re: October cancelation
Save

Awww I’m so sorry you have had to cancel but thankfully you will have plenty of opportunity for more trips when you are walking well and the Covid situation has changed. Knowing how long it takes to get over a total knee replacement I do think you have made the right decision.

I have a feeling too that the situation with Covid could take quite a lot longer than people have been speculating.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
23,238 posts
6. Re: October cancelation
Save

Glad the surgery went well. It's unfortunate that you have to postpone your trip, but your health is the most important thing, and you need to be in good condition for all the walking involved!

Meanwhile, here's a news item that will make many people happy:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/historic-acre-hotel-to-reopen-after-deadly-firebombing-during-may-riots/

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,052 posts
230 reviews
224 helpful votes
7. Re: October cancelation
Save

Shuffaluff, that is indeed VERY positive news out of a tragic situation. And your positing this here reminds me to write that on my agenda for the trip the following year, as I ABSOLUTELY want to patronize Uri Buri. Thank you.

Douglas Duckett

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,544 posts
71 reviews
45 helpful votes
8. Re: October cancelation
Save

Sorry to hear that you had to cancel, but I think your hunch is probably right that most of the restrictions will still be in place for some time. Glad to hear your knee is getting better and I’m sure it’s going to get a great work out on the streets of Akko!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
509 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
9. Re: October cancelation
Save

Dear Douglas

my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

We all hope to be soon in a better situation towards October with hopefully opening for tourism soon after that

Warm regards

Malka

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
36 reviews
22 helpful votes
10. Re: October cancelation
Save

HI Douglas, I'm glad your knee surgery went well and join others in withing you a refual sh'lemah, speedy and complete recovery. May you and Israel get back to "normal" soon. And who knows, maybe I'll meet you there one of these days.

Reply to: October cancelation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.