We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update - Travel Israel with toddler without tour guide

Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Update - Travel Israel with toddler without tour guide

Thanks to God we arrived in Israel safe. Due to having toddler (17 month daughter) we couldn't believe we did it to come here in Israel. I really thank God for and I thank you all forum/threader responder (Chana, Rdglady, Shuffaluff, Mbgg, Douglas, Heather and Odessafile and a lot more).

Sep 20 - arrived at 5:00 pm.

Flight, passport check were smooth. It takes us long to get out from baggage section due to the car seat, the airport separated already all the car seats but we were not aware. It took 1 hour waiting for car seat until we found that car seats were been sort out and placed to front area. Dollar exchanged, SIM card purchase, Jerusalem transferred via airport accredited private taxi were all smooth transition.

Our daughter get bored in 11 hour flight from Toronto at the beginning, but sleep most during the air trip. Me and our daughter were having a hard time adjusting to Israel time.

But in the first day/night so far was great. A million thanks to all of you!!!

4 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Update - Travel Israel with toddler without tour guide

The almost 11 hour flight plus the 7 hour time change is hard on me also. Your excitement in arriving in Israel after much planning will energize you all in the coming day (s).

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
19,511 posts
114 reviews
2. Re: Update - Travel Israel with toddler without tour guide

So glad to hear that all is going well. Yes, the long flight and jet lag are something to deal with - don't stress, it will work itself out.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,494 posts
3. Re: Update - Travel Israel with toddler without tour guide

Welcome to Israel! Have a great trip.

Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,979 posts
322 reviews
4. Re: Update - Travel Israel with toddler without tour guide

Good to hear you arrived safely. Unfortunately it will be much more difficult for your daughter to adjust to the time change, so let her sleep whenever she needs to -- and hope she is not up all night. Enjoy the visit.

Chana

Israel

Reply to: Update - Travel Israel with toddler without tour guide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted