We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group tour guide companies in Israel

Group tour guide companies in Israel

Hi. I hope everyone had an easy fast for those who celebrate.

I've been talking with tour guides that people recommend...and NO ONE offers group tours. It's so frustrating. My husband and I cannot afford private tour guides. We just want to join onto a group(like an excursion) to take tours of the major cities of Israel.

If you know of a really great tour company, that offers reasonable, yet fantastic, tours, please let me know.

Thank you!

4 replies to this topic
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
5,298 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Group tour guide companies in Israel

Several companies offer group day tours. The main players include Egged, Bein Harim and Abraham tours. See also Sandemans for various walking tours in Jerusalem. Also note that many sites have good self guiding materials, and a few offer tours with a guide.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
19,481 posts
114 reviews
2. Re: Group tour guide companies in Israel

The guides who are mentioned by name on the forum are indeed all private guides - there are also many mentions of the various companies that offer daily (and multi-day) group tours. These include Egged Tours, Rent-a-Guide and Bein Harim. There are also quasi tours offered by Abraham Tours - these are not classic tours as there is no guide, but they do offer transportation only optons.

Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,940 posts
319 reviews
3. Re: Group tour guide companies in Israel

The day tours of the companies mentioned above fit your requirements. They all offer daily guided tours (with the exception of Abrahams' Tours which has no guides) at prices between US$99-170 depending on the destination. Private tour guides do not, unfortunately run group tours as it would be too complicated to arrange such a tour. Check the companies out you will be surprised that they cover much of what you would like to see.

Chana

Israel

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Group tour guide companies in Israel

Personally, I am not recommending Egged or United. These offer big bus tours and in most of the cases it will be in 2 languages done by one guide.

Bein Harim and Rent A Guide offer to classes of tours, one in small group and one in big buses.

Out if the two I would recommend Rent A Guide.

Reply to: Group tour guide companies in Israel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted