We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dual passports

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
29 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Dual passports

Hi, I’m visiting at the end of the month and had both a UK and NZ passport. I normally live in NZ bit have been travelling around Europe for two months so have been using that passport. I intend to enter on my UK passport as I’m flying back to London after my visit. I do have my NZ passport with them.

Should I tell the passport control officers I have two passports?

Also I’m a solo female traveller will this cause issues? I have read a few articles about men being questioned when along but not when they have a spouse / partner with them.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
London
London
England, UK
3 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,716 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dual passports

No one really cares that you have another passport that you are not using - there is no need to mention it.

And if you search through the forum you will see that there are plenty of trip reports by women who came here solo and had a wonderful time with no problems.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
29 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dual passports

Okay thanks :) not worries about being there solo - just about the passport officers.

Really looking forward to my visit!

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dual passports

Carmypug,

I also have dual passports and travelled solo to Israel. They are , as mentioned, not interested in whether you have 1, 2 or even more passports! As long as the one you present is valid! I normally present my UK passport when arriving in Europe, and my kiwi one when traveling home.

Enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Europe
Europe
World
Reply to: Dual passports
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;