We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this viable?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is this viable?

I'm flying to SE Asia with a layover in frankfurt. I was thinking about trying to find a cheap flight from Frankfurt to visit Israel and Egypt over a 7-10 day period. Is it possible to visit these two countries in this period of time and hit the main highlights? Is there any reason to go to Egypt or Israel before the other country? I know Israel doesn't stamp passports at the airports anymore, but will I have any problem moving between the two countries via flight?

5 replies to this topic
Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,750 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this viable?

No issue visiting one country over the other first. However traveling between Israel and Egypt is expensive by plane and very time consuming by land. 7-10 is a good amount of time to see the highlights of ONE of these two countries. You serve an injustice to both countries by trying to visit both in such a short period of time.

Chana

Israel

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
2,810 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this viable?

In addition to the time involved, travel between Israel and Egypt by land us not considered to be safe due to security issues.

Lufthansa flies from Frankfurt to Israel. There are low cost airlines that fly from Europe to Israel . Not sure which ones fly from Frankfurt.I

Edited: 10 June 2018, 08:10
New Jersey
Level Contributor
46 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this viable?

Both countries are very interesting but I would recommend Israel over Egypt as the political environment in Egypt isn't favorable for tourists from the west. Also, if you're coming in the summer, Israel is warm but Egypt is scorching hot.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this viable?

"Also, if you're coming in the summer, Israel is warm but Egypt is scorching hot." Not really concerned about the safety issues as I looked into that already so I will not be choosing one country over another based on that unless circumstances on the ground change from what they current are. The difference in temps if that drastic may be more of a compelling factor though, although I was looking at May and June.

Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,750 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this viable?

Red you simply do not have time for both countries if you actually would like to enjoy the sites you are interested. I suggest listing what you would like to accomplish in this trip, travel time on your chosen mode of transportation, transportation costs and logistics (including opening hours of sites). Once you have this list you can make a more educated decision. If safety is of no concern choose what is best for your visit according to budget and time available.

Chana

Israel

Reply to: Is this viable?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted