We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Green Card holders need to obtain visit visa for Turkey

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Topic
Does Green Card holders need to obtain visit visa for Turkey

I am a green Card holder,( permanent resident of USA). If a want to just visit turkey for a week, do I need to obtain visas? Kindly please reply if anyone has any answer to it. thanks

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Does Green Card holders need to obtain visit visa for Turkey

It depends what nationality you are. The regulations are published here:

mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.e…

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Green Card holders need to obtain visit visa for Turkey

faree, Green card has nothing to do with your visa but your citizenship and the passport you hold. Citizens of certain countries (eg. Russia) do not need a visa, but others do. For example, if you are British citizen residing in USA with a green card, you still need a visa to enter Turkey.

enigma...

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Does Green Card holders need to obtain visit visa for Turkey

But the OP is quite probably a citizen of a country who can only obtain a sticker visa upon entry if he is a Green Card, UK or Schengen visa holder, otherwise he would have to apply for a visa prior to departure, which is costly both money and time-wise.

This is a subject that has been raised in recent months by both Indian and Pakistani citizens and the regulations are clearly set out in the Turkish Ministry's website.

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Does Green Card holders need to obtain visit visa for Turkey

Thanks Dudismo and enigma for your replies. I appreciate it.

I am a pakistani passport holder and I have the Uk visit viasa, Since I will be visiting london in may , I might plan to visit turkey for a week from there .

Since i dont have much time now to apply for the turkish visa from here in los angeles, I wanted to know if I will get the visit visas at Istanbul airport if I plan to go from london with my family that is residing in london?

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,138 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does Green Card holders need to obtain visit visa for Turkey

It does not matter what other official documents you have or where you have visited prior to coming to Turkey. If you have a passport from Pakistan you purchase your visa once you arrive in Istanbul

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Does Green Card holders need to obtain visit visa for Turkey

Of course it matters what official documents you have because the Turkish Foreign Ministry website states very clearly, regarding Pakistani citizens, that:

"Ordinary passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. Ordinary passport holders with a valid Schengen, UK or US visas may get their one month single entry visas at the Turkish border gates upon their arrival. "

Thus anyone who does not hold one of those visas cannot get a sticker visa on entry and it's misleading to state otherwise.

Palawan Island...
Level Contributor
77 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does Green Card holders need to obtain visit visa for Turkey

I agree with the above advise, you can get it at the airport, be sure though that you have a return tickets to show in case they asked for it. Am off again to turkey this month, amazing place. Read more below:

National Pakistan (PK)

Embarkation United Kingdom (GB)/Destination Turkey (TR)

Passport required.

- Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid

for the period of intended stay.

Passport Exemptions:

- Holders of "Alien's passports" issued by any country.

Visa required, except for Those of Turkish origin holding

foreign passport and a National ID Card issued by Turkey

("Nufus Card").

Visa Issuance:

Visa required, except for Holders of normal passports can

obtain a visa on arrival provided holding a visa issued by the

United Kingdom, USA or a Schengen Member State TIRGL/SCHN :

Minors:

- Up to/incl. 18 years of age may be included in parent's

passport.

Additional Information:

- If it appears from the documents of a non-Turkish passenger

that their original nationality was Turkish,

For details, click here

- Passengers holding travel documents printed in their own

language and not in the Latin alphabet will be refused entry

and deported.

- Visitors who require a visa, must also hold documents for

their next destination .

- Nationals of the following countries are required to hold:

- - at least USD 50.- per day to cover their stay: Pakistan;

- Visitors exceeding the period for which they are allowed to

stay For details, click here

Warning:

- Visitors who require a visa and do not hold return/onward

ticket could be refused entry .

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does Green Card holders need to obtain visit visa for Turkey

faree, If you and your family have valid UK visas, then you can get your sticker visa at the Airport in Turkey for a months stay.

enigma...

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Does Green Card holders need to obtain visit visa for Turkey

Thank you SO Much to all of you, for guiding me about the requirements of visit visas for turkey. I hope to get the tourist visa when I plan to visit turkey from from london. So I dont have to worry now in USA about applying for visas for turkey, since I already have my UK visas. Kindly if anyone can guide me what are the best places to see and do some bargain shopping in turkey in abt 4-6 days? I will appreciate it.

Boston...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Does Green Card holders need to obtain visit visa for Turkey

Hi,

Can someone confirm me that a Pakistani (ordinary) Passport Holder with US Green card can get the visa from the turkey airport upon arrival ?

Foreign ministry website states that ordinary passport holders with US visa can get the visit visa from the airport upon arrival. Green card is not US citizenship nor US Visa.

I just want to make sure that I don't need to apply for the visa prior to my travel.

Thanks