We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best VPN app to get Facebook in Turkmenistan

London, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Best VPN app to get Facebook in Turkmenistan

Hi Guys, travelling to Turkmenistan next week. Is there a VPN app that works so I can use Facebook? Justin

9 replies to this topic
kent
Level Contributor
313 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best VPN app to get Facebook in Turkmenistan

Hi how dd you get on with the internet, we are going next May. Have you any tips?

Thanks

Liverpool, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best VPN app to get Facebook in Turkmenistan

I'm currently in turkmenistan. Wifi is dependent on your hotel and method of accessing it. I have a laptop and can send and receive emails - but not from my phone and one hotel but no email access at all in another. Most of my group can't send or receive emails especially if using a phone or a tablet. Facebook, WhatsApp, Viber etc are all blocked. SnapChat works and so does Skype.

London, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best VPN app to get Facebook in Turkmenistan

The only VPN app that worked for our group was called VPN Express. I was able to get Facebook on my i-phone that way.You have to a pay about 10 USD a month.When you log-in, choose the UK servers that it will work on it.I tried all the free VPN apps and they did not work. Justin

kent
Level Contributor
313 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best VPN app to get Facebook in Turkmenistan

Thanks ......sounds fun, my son wont know what to do with his fingers and thumbs for 5 days :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best VPN app to get Facebook in Turkmenistan

For future reference Witopia is by far the best VPN available. I've been using it for years in China and it works almost without fail. When it does fail (rarely) customer support is always there to provide a solution.

6. Re: Best VPN app to get Facebook in Turkmenistan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2017, 07:09

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best VPN app to get Facebook in Turkmenistan

I used express VPN there last week. worked great

8. Re: Best VPN app to get Facebook in Turkmenistan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2017, 07:14

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Best VPN app to get Facebook in Turkmenistan

Use Hidester VPN, you can use it for a week and then ask refund ^^

Reply to: Best VPN app to get Facebook in Turkmenistan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Turkmenistan