We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
12,186 posts
1,323 reviews
visa

hi guys

do you know if transit visa is still a huge problem or things have improved? i know that touristic visa is quite expensive

thanks in advance

11 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
24 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: visa

Hi

Met a Japanese in Darvaza crater which was travelling on a transit visa on the back-packer way (walking and hitch hiking). She had a 5 days visa going to hitch hike border Uzbekistan, Darvaza, Ashagabat and to the Caspian sea. So seems it is possible. Myself, was not let into the country (at Farab border) before the guide turned up, even on a tourist visa (ie letter of invitation).

Indonesia
Level Contributor
252 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: visa

Hi Ivariversen,

Wow, seems like everything could be quite random there. By the way, how long did it take for your LOI to be approved? Thanks

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
24 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: visa

Hi

Tour operator was handling it, but feeling was that it took too long time - at least 3 weeks. Received the LOI the same week as left for the Stans.

ivar

Indonesia
Level Contributor
252 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: visa

Wow, I’m crossing all of my fingers for my LOI. :D

Will visit on mid-November and my agent told me that they could start the process as soon as mid-August and if everything is to go smoothly the LOI will be approved on September.

Wish me luck! And thanks for sharing!! :)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
24 posts
88 reviews
5. Re: visa

Well, good luck. A strange country - but could walk around free and faced no problems.

Indonesia
Level Contributor
252 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: visa

Thank you very much!! Much appreciated!! :)

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
12,186 posts
1,323 reviews
7. Re: visa

how much have u paid for the visa?

Indonesia
Level Contributor
252 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: visa

The tour company quoted USD50-150 depending on the citizenship. Mine is between USD60-70, included in my group tour package.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
24 posts
88 reviews
9. Re: visa

My visa was 70 USD. LOI is additional. LOI for Uzbekistan was 45 USD and think I paid some 50 USD for the visa. And strongly belive that price depends upon nationality.

ivar (Norway)

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
12,186 posts
1,323 reviews
10. Re: visa

dont u know about italians?

Reply to: visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Turkmenistan
Recent Conversations