We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa

HI

I will be picking up my visa on arrival at Ashgabat airport, what are my options to pay?

Thanks

21 replies to this topic
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

It was USD when we were there a few years ago and I'm quite sure it's still the same

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

Cash, or can 1 pay with visa?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

Cash, and it's best to have exact change. We paid $168 for 2 people. There was an extra....small fee within that cost but I can't remember how much the actual visa was and how much the other fee was. You won't find many places in central Asia that accept credit cards other than some of the large hotels.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

Thanks for your replies, most useful

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa

You will have to pay by USD , for consular fee 89 and for migration tax 14 USD. but it also depend on your LOI if you were arranged urgent LOI from a travel agent you will have to pay more about 20 USD

I would be glad if this was a helpful for you.

Algiers, Algeria
Level Contributor
483 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

How much is the visa for algerian nationals ? any ideas

Dubai
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa

HI, I was informed that getting a LOI for Turkmenistan is a long and uncertain process? NO guarantees that it will be issued even after a month or two. Please advise. Thanks

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa

If you book a tour with a Turkmen travel agency they will provide you with the LOI. It should not be a problem.

Indonesia
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa

Dear Beentheredonethat53, I’m planning to travel to Central Asia, Turkmenistan included. There isn’t a Turkmenistan embassy in my country so the tour agent suggested that the visa to be obtained on arrival with supporting LOI on hand. I’ll be joining a group tour. I love to collect passport stamps because it’s romantic and can be very nostalgic, so I’m wondering if you got your visa sticker/stamp when you obtained the visa on arrival?

Thank you very much! :)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa

Hi oaklee_91,

Yes you get a full page visa that is stamped when you enter and then again when you leave.

I like to look back at my old passports as well. :)

Reply to: Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Turkmenistan