We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone here stayed at Gypjak Hotel?

Manila, Philippines
1 post
Save Topic
Has anyone here stayed at Gypjak Hotel?

Hi everyone. I am planning to visit Turkmenistan in the near future (September/October).

I heard that the streets in Ashgabat are almost totally empty of people. The thought of sleeping in a totally empty city is pretty depressing. So I was thinking maybe I should stay at Gypjak Hotel as it is in a small village, so maybe there I'll see some people in the streets.

Has anyone here stayed at Gypjak Hotel and can share his experience?

Thanks

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone here stayed at Gypjak Hotel?

Dana hello

Ashgabat has a population of more than one million, the idea of no people on the streets is nonsense. Please check the official city Portal:

http://ashgabat.gov.tm/en/

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone here stayed at Gypjak Hotel?

Hi Shonefeld,

I was in Ashgabat in April and I saw not a single office worker, tourist, mother with children, or any other sign of normal life within a capital city. Maybe it was just an off few days, but the only people on the streets were cleaners and soldiers. Personally I thought this was amazing and fantastic revelation as I've never experienced anywhere quite like it. Maybe I was just in the wrong places, but the city was like a ghost town.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone here stayed at Gypjak Hotel?

Isn't it wonderful? No crowds, no beggars, no loitering youths....lol

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone here stayed at Gypjak Hotel?

. Will be in Ashgabat in Sept. pinoy din Ko.

5. Re: Has anyone here stayed at Gypjak Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2018, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Turkmenistan