We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High End Shopping for Cheap Prices? House of Fashion Only?

Michigan
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
High End Shopping for Cheap Prices? House of Fashion Only?

Hello,

Where can I go to get brand-name clothes for low prices in Colombo?

How does House of Fashion compare with Majestic City?

I have already been to Odel's and enjoyed the selection, but I need brands like Lacoste and Abercrombie.

Also, where can I buy athletic clothes (Nike, Addidas)? House of Fashion supplies mostly cricket outfits :(

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
48,207 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High End Shopping for Cheap Prices? House of Fashion Only?

Hi there,

Well MC isn't bad but it hardly has any 'factory outlet' stores like HoF is. And of course you cannot expect cheap lots of brands in Lanka if the brand is not at all made by any Lankan garment factory - so dunno about Lacoste etc.

For athletic clothes, there are some shops in MC. However often at import prices, not local prices.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

England
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: High End Shopping for Cheap Prices? House of Fashion Only?

Hi,

Fashion Bug is a great shop for brand-name tops-its a branch that is all over SL.

Female tops- 240 rupees-quicksilver,abercrombies,roxy,diesel etc-although they are tight!

Male tops-Lacoste black polo about 500 rupees-they also do quicksilver, adidas, nike etc. They have many sizes, but we did find that they are a tighter fit than you would expect in UK.

Apparently No Limit is also good, but I didn't make it there!

House of Fsahion was really hit and miss, worth looking for a laugh! I have to say that I did find any tops there, but they do jeans which have a decent length leg! Oh and their jackets are worth looking at.

Majestic City was good for DVD's and the 7 that I bought for about 220 rupees each, actually work and are of good quality!

Have fun!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High End Shopping for Cheap Prices? House of Fashion Only?

Hi,

Also try the cotton collection and arena as you may find some branded items there too. Crestcat shopping mall is also a good bet for branded items.

Regards.

Treshi, Colombo, Sri Lanka.

Derbyshire UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High End Shopping for Cheap Prices? House of Fashion Only?

We didn't like House of Fashion at all, we found the clothes to be generally poor quality and not brand-named.

We liked Odel a lot, and Majestic City we found very good for brand-name jeans and T shirts.

hope this helps

5. Re: High End Shopping for Cheap Prices? House of Fashion Only?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 01:47