We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colombo to Galle and then ???

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
26 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Colombo to Galle and then ???

We shall be in Sri Lanka 30th March for one week, and will be travelling down to Galle for a few days until the 4th April returning to Colombo 7th April

Any ideas on the most cost effective, but comfortable way to get down to Galle? Had a quote from hotel USD200

Also from there we wanted to see more of Sri Lanka - any ideas, quite fancy the Yala National Park / Kandy. Had a quote from hotel to Kandy and they quoted USD450 !!!! So i think the hotel car service is out here!!!!

Really want to see the tea plantations - however we dont have many days and travel is far

So ideas for travel and location of stops is greatly appreciated!!!! Look forward to hearing from all you experts!!!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colombo to Galle and then ???

Did you get quoted USD 200 for a transfer from Colombo (Airport?) to Galle? That is very much overpriced which is not unusual for hotels. A fair price from Colombo Airport would be USD 90-95 - from Colombo City USD 75.

A car with driver from Galle to Yala and on to Kandy and back to Colombo should be approx. USD 240.

Hans

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
26 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colombo to Galle and then ???

Yes Hans the quote was from Colombo Airport to Galle.. and agree overpriced!!

I much prefer your price quotes!!!... I imagine i need to arrange drivers when I arrive at airport and "haggle" or are there any persons recommended that I could book in advance?

3. Re: Colombo to Galle and then ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 10:47