We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning holiday to Sri Lanka

LA
3 posts
Save Topic
Planning holiday to Sri Lanka

Hi,

I'm Janet and I'm planing to visit to Sri Lanka with my fiance But is there some one to give some adventures itinerary whih suit for Sri Lanka. Planning to spend 2 weeks in there.

Hope I could help on this. Thanks In Advance,

Janet

Mentioned in this post
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning holiday to Sri Lanka

Hi Janet,

What time of the year?

Hans

LA
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning holiday to Sri Lanka

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the reply, I would like to visit there Oct first two weeks,

Thanks,

Janet

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
60,650 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning holiday to Sri Lanka

Okay, that gives a choice of regions. Not for inland: there the usual pattern is 3 nights Cultural Triangle, 2-3 nights Kandy and 3 nights Hill Country. Adventures possible in each of these, e.g. jeep safari, elephantback ride, rafting (not far from Kandy), trekking etc. etc.

But for the beach period, often at the end, there is choice:

* Southwest area (Kalutara to Tangalle, that's between 3.5 and 6 hours from airport). Weather 'good enough' (some rain in the afternoons), sea too rough to swim (except behind a few coral reefs); lots of choice in hotels and guesthouses and in a few towns also lots of bars and restaurants.

* East coast (Arugam Bay and Trinco). Weather perfectly blue sky, nice swimmable sea. Limited choice in hotels and guesthouses and hardly outside bars and restaurants. 6 hours from airport at least

So in the end it's your choice...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
Kandy
Kandy
Kandy District, Sri Lanka
Kalutara
Kalutara
Western Province, Sri Lanka
Tangalle
Tangalle
Southern Province, Sri Lanka
Arugam Bay
Arugam Bay
317 Reviews
Arugam Bay, Sri Lanka
LA
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning holiday to Sri Lanka

Hi,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Thanks for the reply but I need to clarify what will be the rainy season in Sri Lanka. Probably rain might ruin the trip :(

Thanks,

Janet

Mentioned in this post
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
60,650 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning holiday to Sri Lanka

Hi Janet,

That WAS in the text. Simple answer: it's not so clearcut as in e.g. India. Early October we have the boundary between southwest monsoon and 2nd intermonsoon. Southwest monsoon weather will dominate and _that_ means nice sunny mornings on the south and west side (and perfectly clear days on east coast)...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
Colombo, Sri Lanka
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning holiday to Sri Lanka

Hi Janet,

If you don't mind can You please tell me what you have in your mind when you say adventure ? is it in the league of White water rafting surfing scuba diving or camping in jungles etc .... & please let me know what sort of hotels you look forward to stay at...

Sincerely ,

Nadeesha

7. Re: Planning holiday to Sri Lanka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 20:48