We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water's Edge Hotel - Battaramulla

aus
3 posts
Water's Edge Hotel - Battaramulla

HI,

I am planning to have my wedding in may 2009..and would like to have it at water's edge..Hav'nt been there yet,coz at the moment i am not in SL..would really appreciate if anyone can comment on water's edge ,pls..

1) is it a nice location to have a "home coming" - night function?..

2) Does anyone have any pics of it's wedding halls(the water's edge web site,doesn't provide with clear pics)..

3)Does anyone knows about it charges for 2009?

Thanks in advance

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,106 posts
229 reviews
1. Re: Water's Edge Hotel - Battaramulla

Hi there,

Lovely place. Had a family dinner there, and after that some other family members a company party. Primarily a restaurant and meeting centre not a real tourist hotel (hotel rooms are for party guests); on the Battaramulla Golf Course.

So

1) Yes

2) No, but hopefully they can send you

3) No, we chose for another place for this fall wedding of our fosterson.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Water's Edge Hotel - Battaramulla

Hi there....

Yes, would agree with Erik, Water's Edge is a lovely place in a lovely setting too, not a full fledged hotel there yet by any means!!, although i have seen plans for there to be one to be built in the not to distant future !

Primarily a location for company functions and weddings ect, was there for a big Lankan companie's dinner dance last September, oh and the golf of course !!, although not really playable during rainy season!.

Regards

Dav

aus
3 posts
3. Re: Water's Edge Hotel - Battaramulla

hEY Thanks guys,for your replies..It really helped for me to come to a final decision..

toronto
Level Contributor
33 posts
159 reviews
4. Re: Water's Edge Hotel - Battaramulla

I'm having my wedding there this August!! Though I haven't seen the place either.. plan to head there in may to check it out. Did you manage to get any pictures? I came across your post and thought I'd check. I'm sure you have everything lined up at this point!

How are the rates? I'm not sure what to expect.. planning to discuss when I head there in a few wks..

Good luck.. i'm sure it's gonna be beautiful

cheers

yash

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,106 posts
229 reviews
5. Re: Water's Edge Hotel - Battaramulla

See

http://www.watersedge.lk/

for some snaps etc. They're mostly right. Site is still mentioning the golf course at some points which is now closed and will be given back to nature as a park/wetland area, for the rest it's fine.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

toronto
Level Contributor
33 posts
159 reviews
6. Re: Water's Edge Hotel - Battaramulla

thanks for that update.. i've been to the site but the pictures aren't the best .. i was hoping to see some pics of the halls decorated fro a wedding.. but patience i spose is the best route this time around! :)

srilanka
1 post
7. Re: Water's Edge Hotel - Battaramulla

can i knw ur cnt nu plzz

toronto
Level Contributor
33 posts
159 reviews
8. Re: Water's Edge Hotel - Battaramulla

Not sure wat the post above is asking but here's a quick update

this place is amazing. the staff are fabulous!!! the chef did an amazing job on my all day function..full sit down lunch, dinner and also a midnight snack station.

the event manager roshika was immensely helpful before,on and after the day as well. dedicated staff who won't stiff you in the end unlike Taj Samudra ( I had one function there and it was horrible!)

At water's edge we partied till 4a.m ...and they would have let us go even longer if we wanted.

9. Re: Water's Edge Hotel - Battaramulla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2010, 10:13