We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prescription drugs?

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
202 posts
9 reviews
52 helpful votes
prescription drugs?
Save

just an off the cuff though but what are the chemists like over there for selling what would be prescription drugs in the uk~?

in goa you can generally buy anything you like :)

3 replies to this topic
Tavistock, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
9 helpful votes
1. Re: prescription drugs?
Save

When over in December I had an "oh crap" moment. I was on fluoxcillin antibiotics for a leg injury which had become infected. Realised that I had put the remainder of the card into hand luggage which only contained 2 capsules which I would take before and during the flight. Unfortunately I had left the rest of the course at home.

Went into a pharmacy with the empty card (no prescription) and explained what the situation was. No problem, 300 rupees got me another box to complete the course.

I think Pharmacies work on a common sense basis so if you need antibiotics or forget your blood pressure meds they are happy to help.

I would hope that anything that could be abused they would refuse to supply without a scrip from a local medic.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
202 posts
9 reviews
52 helpful votes
2. Re: prescription drugs?
Save

cheers :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,447 posts
39 reviews
162 helpful votes
3. Re: prescription drugs?
Save

You are advised to bring all your prescription medicine with you as there are shortages and the supply is very iffy. We ran into this problem two weeks ago and it was an effort to find the medication that we were looking for. Fortunately, our family network went into overdrive and managed to find what we were looking for.

Reply to: prescription drugs?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.